Body Control 2

Cans

Buick Ownership
Envision
Hi folks, would anyone know what is connected to Fuse F29? (Body Control 2)?
I built a fuse bypass for F29 and F32 and, I might blown some other fuse or electrical part in circuit 29 When connecting to it. one noticeable issue is my car is stuck in park, can’t move the shifter.

Cans

Buick Ownership
Envision
Yep they do!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
F29 - Body control module 2, F32 - Body control module 1. If the system was live when this was done these are the main systems for the vehicle. Basically the BCM's control everything in the vehicle so if they got zapped somehow it may be difficult to say what items may have been put into jeopardy.

Why would there be a need to do this bypass?

Cans

Buick Ownership
Envision
I was installing an on\off switch for towing In back of an rv. i checked for continuity in circuit F29 at the fuse location, and I get nothing.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I'm not sure on the Envision circuits or what it may be by possibly a short on that area. Rough guess is checking additional fuses using the owners manual and see if any other ones might be blown. Maybe someone else can come up with additional information, I could guess but no way able to confirm if the BCM is at fault.

Cans

Buick Ownership
Envision
Thank you, if the possible issue can’t be narrowed down, i’ll go ahead and test the other fuses

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Wildcard, disconnecting both battery cables and touching them together while off on some models is equal to a soft reboot, doubtful but it's another option.

Cans

Buick Ownership
Envision
Just completed fuses, all are good. In reading more about this I might need to replace the BCM. I‘ve noticed my lift gate is also not responding. Does anyone know were the BCM2 is located?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!