• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Both Heated Seat Switches Stopped Working

Rdubya83

Buick Ownership
2014 regal premium
Both of my heated seat “buttons” do not respond to touch. They were both working fine and both stopped at the same time.

Anybody got an idea of where to start fixing this?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
First, check the fuse blocks, then, if they’ve been verified as functional, look for a ground that may have become loose or interrupted in the circuit path, starting at the seats. Oh, and get a shop manual; I’ve learned (the hard way) how important they are.

Rdubya83

Buick Ownership
2014 regal premium
First, check the fuse blocks, then, if they’ve been verified as functional, look for a ground that may have become loose or interrupted in the circuit path, starting at the seats. Oh, and get a shop manual; I’ve learned (the hard way) how important they are.
Thanks. I checked the fuse under the hood and it was good. I replaced it anyway because I had some extras. I’ll start checking wires and see where that takes me. I’m wondering the significance of them to stop working at the same time. A module or something? Ill have to get a manual

Rdubya83

Buick Ownership
2014 regal premium
Thanks. I checked the fuse under the hood and it was good. I replaced it anyway because I had some extras. I’ll start checking wires and see where that takes me. I’m wondering the significance of them to stop working at the same time. A module or something? Ill have to get a manual
Any suggestions on where to get a decent manual?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Hopefully that's all it is, glad to hear.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Heated Seats Inoperative With DTC U0209
2010 - 2013 Buick LaCrosse
2011 - 2014 Buick Regal
2012 - 2014 Buick Verano
2010 - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro
2011 - 2014 Chevrolet Cruze
2010 - 2014 Chevrolet Equinox
2013 - 2014 Chevrolet Malibu
2012 - 2014 Chevrolet Sonic
2011 - 2014 Chevrolet Volt
2010 - 2014 GMC Terrain
with Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats (RPO KA1)
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern
A customer may comment that both heated seats are inoperative.
This condition may be due to an intermittent software issue within the heated seat module that results
in loss of communication from the HVAC controller.
Recommendation/Instructions
Important
Do NOT replace the Heated Seat Module for this condition.
If the technician finds that both heated seats are inoperative and DTC U0209 is present in the HVAC
Module, reset the Heated Seat Module by removing the Heated Seat Module Fuse for 5 minutes then
reinstalling. Engineering is aware of this condition and is developing a software fix. Once this fix is
available, this PI will be updated with repair information.
If the technician finds that both heated seats are inoperative but DTC U0209 is NOT present,
perform normal heated seat inoperative diagnostics in Service Information for your specific vehicle.

Pedal Commander