Both heated seats not working..

sjr

Buick Ownership
Buick
Started the car the car yesterday morning and both heated seats will not turn on. I press the heated seat button, but the icon of the seat/level of heat do not come on. About 6 months ago, the driver heated seat stopped working, but the icon still illuminated when I pressed the button. anyone else experience anything like this with there regals?

note, cxl turbo t07 2011, trifecta tune

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
Just had this happen in my 13 verano, it was the module that controls both heated seats, warranty fixed, if your still under warranty?

MrD

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I'm starting to question the reliability of these modules. Seat module bad in less than a year? My VCIM is bad little after one year? Sounds like these cars aren't too reliable.

flyingcent

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 regal
We have a 2011 Regal Turbo. The driver side seat heater has stopped working properly. When set to high it turns itself off after less than a minute. It does stay on if set to low and we have not yet tried it in the middle setting. The warranty is good until the end of March 2014 and we have an appointment for next week to get it fixed. We are wondering how much longer the passenger seat heater will last as it doesn't get used nearly as much. :sad: Probably until after the warranty runs out...

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo
@SJR, 2011 have and had same problem fixed under warranty. I understand there is new part number so original parts were problematic.

Detroit, USA
We have a 2011 Regal Turbo. The driver side seat heater has stopped working properly. When set to high it turns itself off after less than a minute. It does stay on if set to low and we have not yet tried it in the middle setting. The warranty is good until the end of March 2014 and we have an appointment for next week to get it fixed. We are wondering how much longer the passenger seat heater will last as it doesn't get used nearly as much. :sad: Probably until after the warranty runs out...
Hi flyingcent,

Please keep us posted on this repair. If further assistance is needed, we are happy to help!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Tkr7

Ashland, Ohio
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
I had to replace the drivers seat heater in October. Unfortunately, this is a common problem on the 2011's. I love the car, but it does seam prone to silly trips to the dealership, window off track, tail light bulb replacement (twice), an end cap fell out of the HVAC unit under the dash. All warranty but none the less an inconvenience. Consumer Reports list the 2011 model as a used car to avoid. Good news is that 2012 and later have fewer problems. Guess I should have waited.......

buickguy2

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had to replace the drivers seat heater in October. Unfortunately, this is a common problem on the 2011's. I love the car, but it does seam prone to silly trips to the dealership, window off track, tail light bulb replacement (twice), an end cap fell out of the HVAC unit under the dash. All warranty but none the less an inconvenience. Consumer Reports list the 2011 model as a used car to avoid. Good news is that 2012 and later have fewer problems. Guess I should have waited.......
I had a bizarre issue a year or so ago. The unlock on the gas cap door failed and I was out of gas... big time. I called the dealer at the gas station and they gave me permission to break it then come see them to replace it. I agree lots of things with the '11.

h2ojon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My drivers heated seat just went out for the second time. I have it going in on Tuesday to get it fixed again.

Detroit, USA
Started the car the car yesterday morning and both heated seats will not turn on. I press the heated seat button, but the icon of the seat/level of heat do not come on. About 6 months ago, the driver heated seat stopped working, but the icon still illuminated when I pressed the button. anyone else experience anything like this with there regals?

note, cxl turbo t07 2011, trifecta tune
sjr,

I see you posted awhile ago regarding this concern, but if you are still experiencing issues, please let us know! We are here to help.

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

Detroit, USA
My drivers heated seat just went out for the second time. I have it going in on Tuesday to get it fixed again.
Hi h2ojon,

I am sorry to hear this has happened a second time! Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. We are happy to speak with the dealership further and help with a resolution if necessary. Thank you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

novadude

Buick Ownership
Buick
Does anyone have any detailed instructions on how to replace the seat heater? Our car is just out of warranty, and the pass side heater stopped working. I would prefer to fix it myself rather than pay labor at the dealer. I've restored cars from a bare body shell, built engines, transmissions, etc - I am sure I can fix it - just need some guidance. Thanks.

KingJ41

IL
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Base
Does anyone have any detailed instructions on how to replace the seat heater? Our car is just out of warranty, and the pass side heater stopped working. I would prefer to fix it myself rather than pay labor at the dealer. I've restored cars from a bare body shell, built engines, transmissions, etc - I am sure I can fix it - just need some guidance. Thanks.
I would still just ask the dealership if they can take care of it. All they can say is no.
I had my 2011 Regal since October 2010 and had to have the driver side element replaced twice and the passenger side was also replaced.

Trs4254

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I would still just ask the dealership if they can take care of it. All they can say is no.
I had my 2011 Regal since October 2010 and had to have the driver side element replaced twice and the passenger side was also replaced.
Can anyone advise which warranty this is covered under? My driver seat is not working, need to see if still within warranty.
Thanks

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
Bumper to bumper limited warrantly would be my guess.

I don't see how it could be 'emission', 'powertrain' or 'corrosion', which I think are the other applicable warranties on these cars.

Detroit, USA
Can anyone advise which warranty this is covered under? My driver seat is not working, need to see if still within warranty.
Thanks
Hi Trs4254,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the seats in your vehicle! This item would be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty which expires after 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. We do treat each situation on a case by case basis, and I would be happy to get you in contact with a local dealership for a diagnosis. You may send a private message at any time!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care