Brake light , traction control and Low tire pressure lights on.

Narch78

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Hi, I have a 2009 Buick Lucerne and I ha e been trying to figure out why my Brake light is on ( on my dashboard) and it won’t go off. I have change the brake switch and also cleaned all the contact points for the connector that is attached the the emergency brake. I recently changed all 4 wheel bearings due to normal wear and tear over the years. Can anyone help me solve this mystery as to why my brake light and traction control light stays on (on my dashboard) while driving the car. Thanks in advance.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to have the brakes scanned, but check the master cylinder fluid level and the sensor #3 if it functioning properly and connection is good, GM Part 22672096.
080225GM04-656.png

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Narch78

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
You may want to have the brakes scanned, but check the master cylinder fluid level and the sensor #3 if it functioning properly and connection is good, GM Part 22672096.
View attachment 33196
Thank you very much, I disconnected the sensor and cleaned it and also tapped on the master cylinder and the light went off. I really appreciate the help.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Glad it worked, sometimes it just the little things that may get overlooked followed by "Are you kidding me" I've had that experience.

okcrum

Arizona
Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne CXL 3.8L
Glad it worked, sometimes it just the little things that may get overlooked followed by "Are you kidding me" I've had that experience.
The grandest example of this I've ever seen involved a power plant in NC (one of four at the site) that would not make emission standards no matter how hard they tried. This was after a maintenance shutdown. It turned out there were two piles of coal, from two different mines (coal chemistry varies widely mine-to-mine), and they were burning THE WRONG PILE. Switching to the correct fuel solved the problem.

The moral? Troubleshooting should always start with these two steps, no matter how stupid it seems at the time:
1) IS it plugged in?
2) WHAT is it actually plugged into?

🤣

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Oh additionally have all engineers leave the area if it needs to be repaired within the same calendar year lol

okcrum

Arizona
Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne CXL 3.8L
Oh additionally have all engineers leave the area if it needs to be repaired within the same calendar year lol
I couldn't leave. 🤣 They'd also just installed a networked air pollution control system that I and another guy (who owned the company, so I got to make the trip) had designed and programmed. They thought that was the problem until the boiler engineer noticed where his coal conveyor was. Luckily it only took about a day.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners