Brake Squeal

RonSheri

Buick Ownership
2020Encor GX
Had the brake pads and sensors replaced starting doing the same thing again. When baking up and apply breaks squeaks like crazy ERRRRR

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
If they replaced ceramic brake pads without turning or replacing the rotors, it likely would squeal.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As it's a warranty service taking it back to the dealer to correct it may be the only option. There's other posts on the forum regarding squeaking first thing in the morning while in reverse with various service bulletins on what is the solution.

Hopefully the dealer can get this resolved.

ellatheencore

Buick Ownership
2020 encore gx
i just got my car back from the dealership from them fixing that problem in my encore gx, and they said if it was before 12k miles, then the consumer has to pay for it :(

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
i just got my car back from the dealership from them fixing that problem in my encore gx, and they said if it was before 12k miles, then the consumer has to pay for it :(
That's a snow job. Find another dealer or call Buick Customer Service. Bumper to bumper warranty means you don't pay a dime until it expires. Not before.

Seabee

Buick Ownership
2020 Encore GX Select
2020 GX with 4400 miles with brake squeal when backing.
Calling dealership Monday.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Smoothsailer717

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Try a good hard braking to set those pads in and loosen up the parts.... I think they make a chemical to put on disc brakes to stop squeal..

18Bravo

Buick Ownership
2021 Encore GX
Have 2021 Encore GX and Dealer says the squeaky brakes are a result of FDA requirement to reduce copper and other harmful chemicals in pads because of runoff from brake dust. Also it should go away after 12,000 miles. Dealer is not authorized by Buick to fix.

Unacceptable for a new car. Wonder if is covered under Lemon Laws.........?

Louis Kuan

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore GX
I am really unhappy that my New 2021 Buick Encore Gx breaks squeal loudly every time I backing out of my garage. I been to dealership twice to resolve this problem. they told me they are not authorized to fix it or replace the breaks unless its broken. I am calling GM filing a complaint. 800-462-8782.
If enough people files complaint, GM will do something.

4ndrew_GX

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore GX
New here. Glad I’m not alone! 13,000 miles on our 2021 Encore GX. Squeals loud first thing in the morning reversing out as well as after just 10 minutes of sitting. Drives my wife insane she almost wants to trade it over a simple brake issue. Van Buick GMC even acknowledged the complaint though sent us home anyway. Been in the industry long enough to not be fooled by lazy service advisors. Feels like something simple - caliper pistons needing lubricant perhaps or something very simple among those lines. Please help.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
All the disc brake pad replacements that I have done require the caliper slide pins be lubricated. I also like to put some anti squeal coating on the BACK of the pads. The calipers have to slide as the pads wear. Failure to lube everything causes the calipers to seize and the result is brake noise and uneven pad wear.

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners