• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Brakes make thunk when stoping fast and delayed thunk when brake is released on my 2005 lesabre limited.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
could be a brake or suspension issue. Nobody can tell you the exact cause over the internet. Have it checked by a shop you trust.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
More details like mileage may help, but if it is what happened on our LeSabre, it is the bushings in the lower control arm drying up. It is most cost effective to replace the entire lower control arm since you will get a new lower ball joint too.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
A loose bowling ball in the trunk sounds the same over the Internet. Details with more information will always have better luck.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Engine mount ???

Sway bar ???

Struts ???

Wheel lugs not tight enough allowing the rotor to rotate a little hitting the wheel lugs ( hope I explained that one right ) ???

Merkava_4

5.7L LS1 Member
Clovis, CA
Buick Ownership
2000 Buick LeSabre
There's a good chance that your engine is moving around when you hit the brakes. The front center mount is the one that wears out first. It's also the one that's super easy to change.

Leggy lady

Buick Ownership
2005 buick lesabre limited
A loose bowling ball in the trunk sounds the same over the Internet. Details with more information will always have better luck.
The thunk sound only happened when i released brake before, but after new brakes installed it makes a thunk when stopping fast or hard and when releasing brake fast when stopped or almost stopped. Car has 126,000 miles. Center engine mount replaced 2 months ago and sway bar link and bushings replaced on both sides 2 days before brakes(front) were done.

Leggy lady

Buick Ownership
Engine mount ???

Sway bar ???

Struts ???

Wheel lugs not tight enough allowing the rotor to rotate a little hitting the wheel lugs ( hope I explained that one right ) ???
My center engine mount was replaced 2 months ago. Sway bar link and bushings replaced on both sides and new front brakes 2 days later. Car has 126,000 miles(fyi) and the thunk feels like its comming from under the driver side front.

Leggy lady

Buick Ownership
My center engine mount was replaced 2 months ago. Sway bar link and bushings replaced on both sides and new front brakes 2 days later. Car has 126,000 miles(fyi) and the thunk feels like its comming from under the driver side front.
Could it be a loose caliper bolt?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Transmission mount would be one area to check along with exhaust as to where you are feeling the noise. Stuck calipers can have a similar problem but you should feel something in the steering wheel also. If the struts haven't been done the upper mounts may be worn, hopefully this will give you some items to check.

Pedal Commander