Brembo brakes

WallyWalrus

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
I have a 2016 GS and it only has brembos in the front. I have noticed that some of the early models have brembos in front and rear. What needs to be done for the rear calipers to be added?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
have never seen any GS with rear Brembos from the factory. Are you sure somebody didnt apply a decal to the rear brake caliper?

WallyWalrus

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
the rear calipers aren’t the same design as the front. There wouldn’t be a place to put the decal. I know I just seen a 2013 and it had rears and I asked guy at stop light what year his car was. Then I found a 2013 with rear brembos on YouTube looking for a lowering kit.....

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
My '12 is front Brembo only. I, too, have never heard of a Regal having rear Brembo brakes. Looking at a few on-line sources for brake pads or replacement calipers, I can't find any Brembo rear parts (pads or replacement calipers).

I also remember some of the auto magazines poking fun at the fact that the high performance GS model 'only' put Brembos on the front yet claimed in marketing literature that it has 'Brembo brakes'.

So I hear what you are saying, and I know you believe it to be true, but I believe you are wrong. No Brembo rear calipers on any Regal from the factory as far as I can tell.

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
The rear calipers on mine are painted the same color as the front but they have no Brembo badging.

WallyWalrus

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
It’s most def a mod done and not from factory.... after a little bit of research I’ve found out and what to do to add the rear ones. Here’s a video of one I seen yesterday with brembos on front and rear while researching a lowering kit.

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
A mod I can believe... anything can be done.

If you like the look, I'd say go for it, but I wouldn't do it for the performance aspect. I tracked my Regal HARD and the rear brakes do pretty much nothing... the CG is so high on these cars that under hard braking the rear tires are practically off the ground. My front rotors would be glowing out on the track, but the rears barely got warm.

WallyWalrus

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
A mod I can believe... anything can be done.

If you like the look, I'd say go for it, but I wouldn't do it for the performance aspect. I tracked my Regal HARD and the rear brakes do pretty much nothing... the CG is so high on these cars that under hard braking the rear tires are practically off the ground. My front rotors would be glowing out on the track, but the rears barely got warm.
Yes the rear wheels come off the ground. One issue I’m trying to address and lower and tighten up the GS another 2-3 inches. With the 19s and tires that are on the car, I have lots of room to go down. And yes anything can be done. I was hoping that someone on here has done the swap and knew what to do. I have since figured out what brakes and parts to use. Is your car FWD or AWD?

Walt G

25 miles SW of Chicago
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
Mine is a '12, FWD only in that year.

Lowering might help. I had that on my list of things to do if I were going to keep tracking the Regal, but decided instead to change my 'track car' to something else and keep the Regal as my daily driver, so I never got around to it.

Good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.