Brighter bulbs for backup lights

mavv

Buick Newbie
Northern Michigan
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
Are they any brighter when using them to back up? i had a problem when i went to LED that the light focal point was wrong for the reflector housing and it just scattered the light making the reverse lights useless. The incandescent bulbs look terrible but they focus the light in the right spot. Anyone else?

CLE12GS

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick GS
Nice!! I converted all my bulbs to Cree LEDs where I can get them. When I hit my Brake lights, I can see behind me about 200 yards all lit up. The only bulbs I haven't replaced yet are the 3rd Brake Light under the rear spoiler on the deck lid.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You can check here, they give you a lot of specs on the bulbs, K, lumen, beam angle, etc., I dropped in a pair for the Lucerne backup with no issues and it does make a improved difference over stock, they can't say they didn't see me lol.
LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories | superbrightleds.com

BigEgo

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal
Nice!! I converted all my bulbs to Cree LEDs where I can get them. When I hit my Brake lights, I can see behind me about 200 yards all lit up. The only bulbs I haven't replaced yet are the 3rd Brake Light under the rear spoiler on the deck lid.
Could you link to them please? Wasn't sure if I saw the right ones on Amazon. Thanks!

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
Can someone that got the amazon bulbs confirm they make the rear camera easier to see out of in the dark?
I'd like to know this also.

I added an LED tailgate light bar to my truck, it's seems like daylight when I back up. When I get into the GS, I ask my wife, how do you see out of this???

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Brightness is based on two factors, Kelvin and Lumens. Kelvin is the light temperature a cool white is 6500K while a 4100K is natural, warm is 3000K, so if you are looking for a bright lamp 6500k will appear bright in the color spectrum. Lumens is the brightness, so a 100L is brighter than a 50L.

All LED'S are not the same, so one person's experience may be different on the K and L ratings. The site I listed shows all the specs, so if wanted a 6000K with 350L with a focus beam to land aircraft while backing up its possible LOL.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.