broken hose (vacuum hose?from top of manifold down side of windshield washer reservoir and from there i have no idea where it goes. need a part name

ang262

Buick Ownership
1997 buick century
broke hose (vacuum hose?) from top of manifold down side of windshield washer reservoir and from there i have no idea where it goes. need to order part and i need the name of it

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Engine size would help others on suggestions as that year had a 3.1 and 3.8.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The engine cover would have 3100 or 3800 on it.

chem_man

Buick Newbie
Fallston, MD
Buick Ownership
1999 Century
Is your HVAC output coming out from all of the ducts? If yes, then that vacuum hose you speak of originates at the intake manifold behind the alternator, and then it curves around and goes by the windshield washer solvent reservoir, and then it disappears into the firewall and connects to the AC controller. You best bet is to get some vacuum tubing which has an internal diameter that is abut the same size as the outer diameter of the nylon vacuum line and patch the hose that way.

If the HVAC air is coming out of the correct ducts and responds when you change to heat, defrost, air, then the vacuum line is going to the driver's side to a vacuum chamber. I'm attaching a diagram from a GM parts department for the 1997 Century. The webpage with part numbers is 1997 Buick Century Custom 4DR A/C REFRIGERATION SYSTEM

Good Luck!

Attachments

• HVAC vacuum lines.JPG
    HVAC vacuum lines.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1