Broken shift button

Thread starter #1

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2015 Camaro SS
The silver piece that you press on the shifter broke off and the piece behind it came out as well. I managed to get the small piece back in and wrapped some blue tape around the shift so it won't fall out. I can shift it but the small piece gets stuck sometimes and stays depressed. My wife will bring it to the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they will have it in stock. Has anyone replaced it themselves ? I searched online for the part number and found 2 , #13473331 and #23459424. Both say it fits 2014 Regal GS.

Thread starter #3

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
Thanks for the link. Even though it says for 2009-2013, it still fit without any problem ?
Yep, i was a little concerned about that, but i researched and everything pointed to it fitting. Worst case i was out $10. But it fits perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

Thread starter #5

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
Yep, i was a little concerned about that, but i researched and everything pointed to it fitting. Worst case i was out $10. But it fits perfectly, no issues whatsoever.
Good to know ! I searched for a video on replacing the knob. Found one on YouTube for the Opel Insignia. Please let me know if its the same procedure for the Regal, here is the link

Thanks

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
Good to know ! I searched for a video on replacing the knob. Found one on YouTube for the Opel Insignia. Please let me know if its the same procedure for the Regal, here is the link

Thanks
Damn, I wish I found that video before I installed mine. Ha. That video is exactly what you should do, except I actually unplugged the wire connector just to be safe, but I did not shift it into neutral. That seems like it makes it much easier to move the cover piece in and out. Follow those steps and it's extremely easy. Also, I didn't have an extra cable tie so I used a velcro wrap. Even a rubber band might work, but a cable tie would be best.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
For the price maybe getting 2 at the same time and keep the spare in the trunk, it's cheap insurance as they will never break at a convenient time LOL.

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal Turbo
Here are the 2 tabs that broke in my shift knob.

View attachment 12924
Yep, the tabs are what broke on mine also. That's crazy that they sell the kit. I still have my original shifter, maybe I'll pick up the kit for$5 and see if i can keep it for a spare.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.