Buick’s Luxury Behemoth, the Electra, Is Coming Back as a 583 HP EV

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Agreed, though I was tempted to get a CT6 plugin… yeah, made in China is a big turn-off, except nearly all cellphones and laptops are made there. But as we still have US made choices… on wait the TourX is made in Germany
You can run but you can't hide. The TourX is assembled in Germany, but there are Chinese parts in it, you just have to look.

Attachments

• china.jpeg
    china.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 10

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Is that pic behind the steering wheel?
Yes. I changed my wheel for the GS wheel. The windshield comes from China and the Opel / European rear headrests I bought in Germany (in an Opel box) say made in China. On a positive note the original guage cluster is US made, the GS cluster comes from Mexico.

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickMan87

Buick Ownership
Buick Century
As with most of the concept cars GM has released over the past several years, the only part of this car likely to make it into production will be the lug nuts, and maybe another shade of their color of the month. I just don’t ever expect this to show up at an intersection near me. Not that I’d want it to; it’s a slap in the face to the Electra name.

Hahahaha!

Yup that's exactly how it always goes. GM shows the concept and then the actual car is NOTHING like it. Like maybe the ash tray or dome light bulb is the same. GM can make what they want when it comes to buick. It's a brand that does not resonate with anyone under the age of 70. Their idea for keeping the brand relevant was to make everything a hideous SUV because well GM likes to ignore the fact that pretty much every time you see a Buick still on the road it's a "sedan".

Buick wants to target the younger hipper market by making everything that market doesn't want apparently. All GM ever had to do was release a new GNX. It's literally the only Buick the younger generation cares about and the only Buick they know. How many decades of people fantasizing over the return of this car will there be before someone at GM gets the hint. Make something to compete with the new Nissan Z. A Turbo V6 Performance built Buick with the GNX label on it (not that wimpy regal either). Dodge has their Demons, surely GM can dish out one 2024 Buick GNX.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Hahahaha!

Yup that's exactly how it always goes. GM shows the concept and then the actual car is NOTHING like it. Like maybe the ash tray or dome light bulb is the same. GM can make what they want when it comes to buick. It's a brand that does not resonate with anyone under the age of 70. Their idea for keeping the brand relevant was to make everything a hideous SUV because well GM likes to ignore the fact that pretty much every time you see a Buick still on the road it's a "sedan".

Buick wants to target the younger hipper market by making everything that market doesn't want apparently. All GM ever had to do was release a new GNX. It's literally the only Buick the younger generation cares about and the only Buick they know. How many decades of people fantasizing over the return of this car will there be before someone at GM gets the hint. Make something to compete with the new Nissan Z. A Turbo V6 Performance built Buick with the GNX label on it (not that wimpy regal either). Dodge has their Demons, surely GM can dish out one 2024 Buick GNX.
Not true. There are a number of Regal Sportback and TourX owners who are well under 70 years of age.

But agreed, I’d love a reincarnated GNX. This time give us an option for a manual tranny. They could also slap a vette engine into a 4 door or wagon to get my attention. Otherwise we are stuck with jumping ship to one of the Cadillac Blackwings.

Putting the supercharged engine into an SUV or pickup a la Syclone or Typhoon would also be acceptable

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners