Buick Century A body rocker panel replacement

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Has anyone fixed the rocker panels on a 82-96 Buick century ive Haven't seen a video on replacement of them yet . Whats involved in replacing the rocker panels im going too get some from the junkyard for my century which mine are rotted at the rear and front fenders . Ive fixed the rear of the car but haven't replaced the rocker panels . I was wondering if CovairGeek did this job he posted good info for me on this forum . I got good tips for changing out my transmission . Most of us fix are own stuff on here ive been doing it for years too .

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
I can very gladly say I have not. I live in the high desert. Ours are still completely painted underneath, and the white '96 still has the original exhaust stem at 198K miles. The blue one is now at 248K miles.
Grew up in Ohio, rust makes me sad. There wasn't much left of my poor Corvair in Ohio at half the age of these cars.
92 Century.jpg Century Custom.jpg

Brian Senkewitz

Buick Ownership
CENTURY....1998 AND 2000
Has anyone fixed the rocker panels on a 82-96 Buick century ive Haven't seen a video on replacement of them yet . Whats involved in replacing the rocker panels im going too get some from the junkyard for my century which mine are rotted at the rear and front fenders . Ive fixed the rear of the car but haven't replaced the rocker panels . I was wondering if CovairGeek did this job he posted good info for me on this forum . I got good tips for changing out my transmission . Most of us fix are own stuff on here ive been doing it for years too .

Brian Senkewitz

Buick Ownership
CENTURY....1998 AND 2000
I live in michigan..and almost all the buicks have the mi. Cancer in the rocker panels the junk yards are just as bad. If your going to do this check your strut Towers in you truck they might be just as bad...mine were...there's a you tube video of a fellow changing his the spot weld are under the door step panels...
Best of luck....

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
I understand from the A-body forum that the spring perches on the rear axle are prone to failure, as well as where the trailing arms mount (visible under the back seat). IIRC, anecdotally, one of the rear axle spring mount designs ('82-'92 small spring pocket, '93 - '96 large) was more prone to failure.

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I can very gladly say I have not. I live in the high desert. Ours are still completely painted underneath, and the white '96 still has the original exhaust stem at 198K miles. The blue one is now at 248K miles.
Grew up in Ohio, rust makes me sad. There wasn't much left of my poor Corvair in Ohio at half the age of these cars.
View attachment 25633 View attachment 25634
The high desert like in California Ive seen good cars out there . But this is my baby the midwest is hard on the body here with the salt and stuff . I lived in Victorville California in the wintertime i came back due too not finding a job there . Then I had a chevy blazer . Hot out west in the summer but good in the winter .

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I live in michigan..and almost all the buicks have the mi. Cancer in the rocker panels the junk yards are just as bad. If your going to do this check your strut Towers in you truck they might be just as bad...mine were...there's a you tube video of a fellow changing his the spot weld are under the door step panels...
Best of luck....
I seen a couple of these cars were the rocker panels weren't rusted out . Ive got too look at them .

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
View attachment 25633 View attachment 25634
I could of bought a blue one like you have for 500 bucks over here in mint condition . But she wouldn't start as i was told . this was back in the spring it needed a battrey and i was under the assumption the fuel pump was bad not starting

Duckland23

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Best of luck....
Got a link too it how do i find it on youtube

Get your turbo buick badge right here!