• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick dealer had 3rd party install remote starter

ike529az

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Now my Buick LaCrosse goes into "valet" mode here and there and now my dash lights flash off and on when I turn car off sometimes. Work was done at dealer and dealer billed me. Now they say 3rd party installer is one I should complain to. Should I do a credit card dispute -- it was $378. I can have a new shop take out the starter & I can return it to the dealer

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Now my Buick LaCrosse goes into "valet" mode here and there and now my dash lights flash off and on when I turn car off sometimes. Work was done at dealer and dealer billed me. Now they say 3rd party installer is one I should complain to. Should I do a credit card dispute -- it was $378. I can have a new shop take out the starter & I can return it to the dealer
Your contract was with the dealer so it's their neck on the line.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Can't advise on what to do as no documents to review, which is the first place to check. Some dealers will have notices regarding 3rd party warranty in the service agreement.

Unfortunately most never read it and it's not until there is a problem will it be reviewed. If this was a add on option from a 3rd party source along with 3rd party parts you may be looking at dealing with that installer company.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Absolutely- when they start passing the Buck...... no good. Dealer should be accountable and vendor answering to them. Sounds like Maine way of business.

ike529az

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Your contract was with the dealer so it's their neck on the line.
Thanks!

2006 Buick Lacrosse - yes, the warranty on the invoice basically says they're not responsible, however I did not sign the disclaimer.
The dash and radio display started flashing on and off after installation. Are they related?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
More than likely, but if you have a warranty with the dealership that covers that component you may want to start there and let the dealer troubleshoot it back to the installer if they caused it.

G-877955

Installer called today , said he'd swap in a new starter tomorrow --- maybe there'll be a happy ending...

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Thanks!

2006 Buick Lacrosse - yes, the warranty on the invoice basically says they're not responsible, however I did not sign the disclaimer.
The dash and radio display started flashing on and off after installation. Are they related?
Put yourself in the shoes of the third party installer, if you show up why are they going to deal with you, they sold their service to the dealer? As far as I am concerned the dealer needs to deal with the issue or revert the car back to its original condition and refund your money. Contact BBB if they are helpful in the US.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
If we're understand this correctly:

Here's what transpired so far....

Your purchasing or just recently purchased a 2006 La Crosse.

Part of the Deal was the Dealership added $378 to have someone...

( Billy Bob Remote Starter Company - who most likely contracts with the Dealer $75 for said product and labor of wire slicing and dicing )

Billy Bob's attempt to hack a remote starter switch into the car's electrical system has now in turn caused a slew of other undesired electronic abnormalities.

Dealer, finally after denying culpability, is getting Billy Bob to try to fix this electrical issue somehow.

Keep us posted. Thanks in advance for the updates.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
But after all’s said or/and done the OnStar remote start may of been worth the extra price. It’s OEM, apparently controls interior features and works very slick.

I tried mine once just to see how good it was; started car and running beautifully; garage door was still closed lmao.

Pedal Commander