• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Encore Car Audio Questions

hanky17819

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore, 2016 Encore (previous)
I just upgraded from the 2016 Encore to the 2019 and I plan on upgrading the audio system. I will be running a very low watt system (around 150 wrms to a sub and upgraded door speakers) but I'm curious if anyone can answer the following:

-Will I need adapters for the speakers?
-How many amps does the stock alternator put out?

Thanks!

The Pool Man

Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm not technical that way but I did augment my system after purchase and learned two things --

1. Buick gets moody about supporting the car electronics if you 'mess' with them
2. The turn signal sound goes through the system. And so if you add amazing bass to your Encore any time you use a signal you'll have amazing bass. (Arrggghhh)

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Call Crutchfield They will be able to tell you exactly what you need. They will give you all the diagrams for your car, and often they offer free shipping on many items.

adamcar

Buick Ownership
Buick
Well I'll be the one who gets yelled at, but why not just buy the factory BOSE system?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Well I'll be the one who gets yelled at, but why not just buy the factory BOSE system?
I think you already answered your own question... :)

My Brother's Encore and my own Verano both have the BOSE system.
Neither of us are Audiophiles or Hip-Hop Bass devotees, but we do like our Rock-N-Roll and know how it should sound. I've even been known to play some Jazz and Classical at times. However, we both agree that for what is supposed to be the OEM sound system upgrade, it is very lacking in bass and what I would call signal separation, especially when you start pushing the volume. I find myself frequently messing with the Tone Controls to try and get a proper mix of Bass/Mid/Treble. No, it's not bad enough for either of us to pay to have it replaced, but we have both had better OEM sound systems in other vehicles we have owned.