• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Launches Facelifted Regal in China with Push-Button Transmission

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS

Two cupholders! Interesting the Facelifted Insignia didn't get the transmission control change.

TourXphile

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Wow, they added paddleshifters. I wish they would have released a TourX version of this. I'd trade up.

CNYmetalGuy

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Preferred II
I just wish the Buick was going to continue selling these. My understanding is after 2021 they are going to be all SUVs

Glen Baker

Las Vegas NV
Buick Ownership
Encore
Not new or revolutionary for an old guy like me
My parent's had a two tone Plymouth stationwagon with a push button trans. back in 1960 or 61.
I'm waiting for the steering wheel to be replaced by a sidestick control.
That 60's Plymouth stationwagon also had a square Corvette like clearish plastic steering wheel.

Last edited:

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Very few ideas are new in the auto world...road following headlights for example. Electric cars haha. Buick has always been a huge luxury brand in china. I dig that Interior. Sucks that they are going all SUV. I only hope by the time my tourx is tired or I'm just ready for something new that there is something that I actually want.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Very few ideas are new in the auto world...road following headlights for example. Electric cars haha. Buick has always been a huge luxury brand in china. I dig that Interior. Sucks that they are going all SUV. I only hope by the time my tourx is tired or I'm just ready for something new that there is something that I actually want.
You may have to go to China to find what you want! IIRC, they are still making the Park Avenue in China which GM, with all there stupidly in the USA corporate office at that time, chose to discontinue that fine car in '05. What happened to the Roadmaster GM? Bunch of idiots making the decisions?

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
You may have to go to China to find what you want! IIRC, they are still making the Park Avenue in China which GM, with all there stupidly in the USA corporate office at that time, chose to discontinue that fine car in '05. What happened to the Roadmaster GM? Bunch of idiots making the decisions?
GM has four sedans in China. Lacrosse, Regal, Verano and Excelle.

If people were buying them in the US they would still be here.

(Base and Avenir versions of the Lacrosse are shown)

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I have always liked two toned interiors...my Audi had that and thought it looked nice.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
GM has four sedans in China. Lacrosse, Regal, Verano and Excelle.

If people were buying them in the US they would still be here.

(Base and Avenir versions of the Lacrosse are shown)
Is it solely because people are not buying them?
Or are they even marketed?
Have you seen any TV ads for the LaCrosse or the Regal?

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Such a shame not enough people buy Sedans for brands to justify them, nice new steering wheel as well there, next year or the year after ill get rid of my GS, will either be going with Cadillac or Acura, id rather avoid the expensive and long wait times for parts, it was already bad before, so now that its out of production I can't imagine

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Is it solely because people are not buying them?
Or are they even marketed?
Have you seen any TV ads for the LaCrosse or the Regal?
Have you ever seen a TV ad for a Tesla? Somehow they manage to sell quite a few despite no advertising.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Personally I'm waiting for the 2021 Acura TLX to go live with their "build and price" to see what a turbo 4 torque vectoring AWD model with the "good stereo" will cost.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Personally I'm waiting for the 2021 Acura TLX to go live with their "build and price" to see what a turbo 4 torque vectoring AWD model with the "good stereo" will cost.
It will cost around $45k-$47k, crazy amount of money compared to our Regal. Cadillac XT5 is a very good value considering discounts (Bose audio standard), same Opel platform as our Regal. GMC Terrain SLT/Denali is also very good, also using smaller Opel platform.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It will cost around $45k-$47k, crazy amount of money compared to our Regal. Cadillac XT5 is a very good value considering discounts (Bose audio standard), same Opel platform as our Regal. GMC Terrain SLT/Denali is also very good, also using smaller Opel platform.
XT5 is not the exact same platform as our Regal (E2). It is the C1.
Terrain is D2.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Cadillac CT4 or CT5 with the larger 2.7 turbo 4 might be worth a look. Fresh off a lease with low miles and a CPO warranty while GM is stacking them deep and selling 'em cheap.

Death before CUV. The misses will have the CUV/SUV base covered.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I'm interested in the CT4-V, up here in Canada they are going for about $55k, (My GS was $51k) now for 2021 they are adding super cruise to the Caddy cars which makes it very worth it for me, i like the TLX Type S styling and performance numbers more buut they are saying a price of "$50.000 or more" in Canada that could mean the same or $10k more.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!