• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Launches Facelifted Regal in China with Push-Button Transmission

Glen Baker

Las Vegas NV
Buick Ownership
Encore
GM has four sedans in China. Lacrosse, Regal, Verano and Excelle.

If people were buying them in the US they would still be here.
I just sold my low mileage perfectly good 185 mpg Chevy Volt for my Encore. I will never buy another car as a daily driver, they are just too hard for me to get in and out of. SUV'S and some trucks are getting car like MPG. My wife hasn't had a car for 20 some years, her first suv was kia sportage and then two ford escape's.
We also have a smart car cabriolet for top down drives in the mountains. That's about all its good for.

(Base and Avenir versions of the Lacrosse are shown)

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I'm interested in the CT4-V, up here in Canada they are going for about $55k, (My GS was $51k) now for 2021 they are adding super cruise to the Caddy cars which makes it very worth it for me, i like the TLX Type S styling and performance numbers more buut they are saying a price of "$50.000 or more" in Canada that could mean the same or $10k more.
I cross-shopped the outgoing ATS and was really impressed with the 2.0T LTG in that package. What really sold me on the GS was the better suspension, AWD technology, NA V6, and the hatch. Choosing between the new CT4-V and the GS would have been a tougher choice given the added performance out of the V. Ultimately, I think I would have still gone with the hatch.

As for the TLX (regardless of trim), I am totally with you. The power and overall styling of the new Acuras outmatch the GS fairly easily. I do still find them to be quite similar visually, but the TLX has a sporty edginess the GS lacks.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I cross-shopped the outgoing ATS and was really impressed with the 2.0T LTG in that package. What really sold me on the GS was the better suspension, AWD technology, NA V6, and the hatch. Choosing between the new CT4-V and the GS would have been a tougher choice given the added performance out of the V. Ultimately, I think I would have still gone with the hatch.

As for the TLX (regardless of trim), I am totally with you. The power and overall styling of the new Acuras outmatch the GS fairly easily. I do still find them to be quite similar visually, but the TLX has a sporty edginess the GS lacks.
I was originally going to go with with a Fully loaded Stinger GT when I got the GS, the only reason I didn't get the Stinger was because of dealer network, the nearest dealer is 4 hours away, but in hindsight i should've just went with it, its hands down a amazing value, plenty more features and quality i find for the same price as the GS, and a ton more power.

I was excited for the TLX but I commented that before the pricing came out and they hit lots, a 2021 TLX A-spec, not even fully loaded, and with 30 less HP is $1000 more in MSRP then the MSRP on my GS was, I find that horrible value, they are almost $6000 more expensive then last gen, I will reserve final judgment till I test drive one, but I do really like the look of them, especially the rear.

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
I don't see Honda, Toyota or Hyundai/Kia backing out of the car market. Mazda is talking about taking the Mazda6 RWD with in-line 6 engine. FCA still sells plenty of Chargers and Challengers and they are decade old design. Ford and GM backed out of cars because they dont want to compete in the US, they're happy just selling in China. Before its over there will be a crossover glut or the trend will die down. I agree with previous post that GM did squat to promo the TourX and God forbid they offer a sporty version. They say we hate wagons. No, we just dont want anymore fake-wood sided land barges. GM never cared if the car sold. If they did, they never would've sold off Opel to Peugeot.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

The real V or the truck-engined V sport?
The real V is not anywhere close to the price range of the GS.
The V sport's review by Car and Driver is not pretty in terms of how refined the engine is. (But that is typical so Car and Driver, so it may be a wash.)

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
The V sport's review by Car and Driver is not pretty in terms of how refined the engine is. (But that is typical so Car and Driver, so it may be a wash.)
I can't speak for @TricoatGS, but I was talking about the CT4-V (ATS-V Sport equivalent) with the 2.7L truck engine.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I mean how is a truck engine a bad thing? They are tested harder then any other type of engine pretty much and put through the most work, so shouldn't that be a compliment? The CT4-V just beat the BMW M235i and the Mercedes AMG A35 in a recent car and driver comparison, the GS and Acura have one shortcoming and thats being FWD based, the Caddy solves that. In the tests I've read they don't mention a unrefined engine. Pro and cons to everything, the GS isn't that sporty as compared to the competition sadly, I love the effort GM did with it but I bet it was like what Chevy did with the SS Sedan a few years ago, bring it over and sell some while they wait for a contract to expire.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I mean how is a truck engine a bad thing? They are tested harder then any other type of engine pretty much and put through the most work, so shouldn't that be a compliment? The CT4-V just beat the BMW M235i and the Mercedes AMG A35 in a recent car and driver comparison, the GS and Acura have one shortcoming and thats being FWD based, the Caddy solves that. In the tests I've read they don't mention a unrefined engine. Pro and cons to everything, the GS isn't that sporty as compared to the competition sadly, I love the effort GM did with it but I bet it was like what Chevy did with the SS Sedan a few years ago, bring it over and sell some while they wait for a contract to expire.
Are we reading the same article?
Lows: Low-revving, gritty-sounding engine; drab interior design.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Are we reading the same article?
Lows: Low-revving, gritty-sounding engine; drab interior design.
Oh I didn't see that, id happy trade that up for my much lower torque though , and I bet the interior is still a couple leaps better then my GS, these guys are paid to find issues, so the day to day consumer may not see the same Lows.

ready2fly

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
C1XX is the crossover variant of the E2XX platform, replacing the Theta Premium and Lambda platforms.

So yes, technically similar platforms.

New Terrain/Equinox are built on a smaller different platform, but both are great crossovers for the price. I had both as loaners, loved them. I also had 2020 Envision Essence (somewhat OK, way overpriced, infotainment screen was washed out and naturally-aspirated Ecotec is lacking vs 2.0T), 2020 Trax LT (absolutely horrible, steering vibrations, rubber-ish seat cloth that makes you sweat) and 2020 Encore GX (it is OK, but cheap inside, Terrain/Equinox way better for the money).

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
C1XX is the crossover variant of the E2XX platform, replacing the Theta Premium and Lambda platforms.

So yes, technically similar platforms.

New Terrain/Equinox are built on a smaller different platform, but both are great crossovers for the price. I had both as loaners, loved them. I also had 2020 Envision Essence (somewhat OK, way overpriced, infotainment screen was washed out and naturally-aspirated Ecotec is lacking vs 2.0T), 2020 Trax LT (absolutely horrible, steering vibrations, rubber-ish seat cloth that makes you sweat) and 2020 Encore GX (it is OK, but cheap inside, Terrain/Equinox way better for the money).
Sadly, I have driven all of them other than the Encore GX.
None of them makes me want to drive them again. Guess I really hated crossovers/SUVs to the core. 😓

Get your turbo buick badge right here!