• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Lucerne: Performance Car with Amazing Options

2008LucerneCX

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX - 3800
A far as I am concerned, the Lucerne is a large compact car as well. But it is well-appointed, the 3800 series III is one of the greatest engines ever, and it squeezes nimbly into tight spaces.
I agree with this but what I've noticed (and read about in older reviews) the Lucerne, for whatever reason, is hard to get in/out of for a larger car. For months I thought it was just me. I find myself using the back of my arm/elbow to push on the B pillar to get out of this damn thing. Thought maybe it's because I was just getting older too but.......I drove my sister's VW Beetle to work while my Lucerne was in for a repair and I simply stepped right out of that car with no effort. This is obviously a problem with the Lucerne. I can't really figure out what is wrong or what was overlooked or improperly designed with it. Wish the GD doors would stay opened too. I picked up her dog from the vet, placed the dogs crate on the ground, opened the door, picked up the crate....and the door shut on me. The car was on level ground. The front doors are worse with this.

2008LucerneCX

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX - 3800
Agree! Bloody hell...what IS it with this stupid trend? Windscreens like mail slots, rear windows the same, pillars like overpass columns...crappy visibility. And the window near the head thing...drives me N U T S. Even worse when you sit in a new car in the showroom, roll down the window, and attempt to bob the head to look out and BONK! You smack the top of your head on the top of the window frame....so ok..check seat....WTF no, it's ALL they way down! I plopped into a new 2019 Mustang at ford the other week and one literally has to dip your head down quite far and then kinda angle it out. What are we driving now...tanks with slit windows!??! UGH. *rant off*
Read my comment regarding difficulty getting out of this Lucerne. I simply stepped right out of my sister's late model VW Beetle with no effort.

EyesofThunder

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXL
I have a 3800 powered 06 Lucerne, power is fair, and the long legged gears are dreadful. It seems to spend forever in first just getting going. Of course coming from a 98 Lexus GS400 with 3.27's and a 3.357 first. It didn't NEED to spend any time in first and with 300 hp and a sweet 6400 rpm redline it was a LOT more fun to drive than the Lucerne. Glad the Lucerne is a temp car (that is going to my daughter soon).

Pedal Commander