• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Lucerne seat belt warning light

tommyt buick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My 07 Lucerne has a driver"s seat belt warning light that stays on all the time, it makes no difference when the belt is buckled or not, it is also on when the car is shut off in the garage. The warning chime does not stay on. Thanks for any help that you can give

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Under the driver's seat is the control module and you may want to check that the connector is clean and secure. Also check the belt connections on the seat belt, this may require the side panel on the seat to be removed. My understanding is that the seat belt light is on and when the belt is connected the belt switch disconnects, turns off, the light. Sorry no more information on the belt switch, but you may be able to view it under the seat.

Other than those suggestions it may be a short in the system. Last item would be to pull the battery cables off for 10+ minutes to let the system completely power down, not that it may work but it's the last thing to try before taking it in.

tommyt buick

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
the stays on with both front seats out of the car, I disconnected the battery overnight, the light stayed off for about eight hrs and came back on. I think I may have bad connection in the cluster assembly

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Or a open circuit as another option, but the addtional descriptions would be handy for others maybe. I'll assume that while the seats were out you checked the module and belt for any problems then.

Pedal Commander