• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RoRi

I picked up a 2018.5 Essence this past Saturday. The plan is to convert it to a GSi appearance package.

Parts on order:
GS donor car
H&R Springs
20" Lacrosse Wheels

Parts Wanted:
Opel Grill
Opel Liftgate emblem
Opel Airbag cover

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Are you going to attempt the HUD install?

RoRi

Did I read that correctly, you have an entire donor GS for cannibalizing parts?
Are you going to attempt the HUD install?
The GS is a flood car, I don't expect the electronics or mechanicals to be usuable, but we'll see what works. Mostly just bought it for the skirts, bumper cover, Brembos, seats, and wheels.

benkel579

Buick Newbie
Iowa
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The GS is a flood car, I don't expect the electronics or mechanicals to be usuable, but we'll see what works. Mostly just bought it for the skirts, bumper cover, Brembos, seats, and wheels.

View attachment 14189
I'm a bit jealous.

I'd also be sorely tempted to try swapping in the 3.6, flood damage or no...

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Not to turn this into a WTB thread, but I’d be interested in the cluster and HUD if it’s a V1 version. ;-)

I’m excited to see where your project leads...

supernoma

SW Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

View attachment 14189
Could you humor me and try to install an 18" wheel from a TourX onto the front axle of the GS? I'm curious if the TourX wheels clear the GS brakes.

RoRi

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I'm a bit jealous.

I'd also be sorely tempted to try swapping in the 3.6, flood damage or no...
More than likely the 8 speed transmission won't bolt up to the V6, so the trans would have to be swapped too. Not only that the engine control module and trans control module would also have to be swapped, and they might not be compatible with the TourX harness. So there could be a lot more involved than just swapping the motors in trying to do something like that.

cwiesel

Memphis, TN
Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Man I’m so stoked to see what you do with this. Told myself I wasn’t going to mod this car. But you’re definitely feeding the addiction.

supernoma

SW Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
More than likely the 8 speed transmission won't bolt up to the V6, so the trans would have to be swapped too. Not only that the engine control module and trans control module would also have to be swapped, and they might not be compatible with the TourX harness. So there could be a lot more involved than just swapping the motors in trying to do something like that.
The wiring harness is probably the biggest hurdle to overcome; I think that would need a known good GS harness and cannibalize the TourX harness for everything past the c-pillar.

RoRi

I finished decladding the passenger side yesterday. If you are going to take your side skirts off be extremely careful to break as few of the clips as possible. I don't see any way to get them off without breaking a few, but I wasn't careful enough. GM does not sell them seperately from the rocker cover!!! I had to order a cover just to cannibalize the clips. Ugh

On the bright side I confirmed the Opel caps I have in stock fit our wheels. If anybody is looking for some I have them for $35 a set shipped.