• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Buick Regal TourX Disable Auto Stop

psychosunshine

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I was interested in using the Range Technology module. But, after calling them. They said that they do not support this model vehicle. I have the 2019 Regal TourX.

Am I missing something?

Are there any options similar to this? I tried doing the thing with the hood. And, it didn't seem to work.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I was interested in using the Range Technology module. But, after calling them. They said that they do not support this model vehicle. I have the 2019 Regal TourX.

Am I missing something?

Are there any options similar to this? I tried doing the thing with the hood. And, it didn't seem to work.
I have a 2019 TourX and I've had the Range Tech module for almost 2 years and it works fine.

jdoodle

Sustaining Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
I just flick the gearshift to Manual just before I stop and then flick it back when ready to proceed. You might forget to shift back to auto once or twice when you first start doing this but you'll hear the engine and it soon becomes second nature.

eccs19

Buick Ownership
2011 Regal & 2018 Regal
If I don't want the engine stopped because I think I'm going to have to respond into traffic fast, I just quickly take my foot of the brake and engine starts right up. No need to shift, etc. Only take a second for engine to come back to life, and I've never had a issue doing it this way.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Everything and more than you want to know about disabling the auto start stop can be found in this thread.

Short story, 3 ways to disable it (not counting putting it in Manual or N at a stop light)

1. Underhood module on hood switch
2. Range Tech
3. Trifecta tune (either the full tune or just start-stop disabler)

Somebody also rigged up a momentary switch that does same thing 1 above does.

psychosunshine

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I really want the Range Tech option to work. Do you have a specify a different model?

Has anyone got the Range Tech option to work with the 2018+ Regal TourX?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I really want the Range Tech option to work. Do you have a specify a different model?

Has anyone got the Range Tech option to work with the 2018+ Regal TourX?
As I indicated in my first response to your question I have used the Range Tech for almost 2 years in my 2019 TourX without any issues. I purchased part number RA005B (Blue light). Buy it from Range Tech directly, not Amazon.

rjw

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback
I have a 2019 Regal Sportback and have had the range Technology device for almost 2 years (Buy directly from Range Tech). I'm not sure why the TourX would be all that much different.

You could also try the under hood device from autostopstart, that is supposed to work just as well.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
That’s not exactly true. Mine shuts off all the time running Max A/C. It doesn’t shut off as much, but there are certain conditions under which it will.
My AC is on max and the auto stop happens all the time (at least it has this summer). So you're not the only one.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
I went ahead and ordered the Axxess Auto Start/Stop Override Interface for GM 2016-2019 this morning. The 2017-2018 Regal is on the compatibility list, so I felt comfortable that it will work. Description says it keeps it disabled even after you turn off the key.

The Axxess part number is AXSSO-GM and the MSRP is $186.00. I was able to get it from a Walmart 3rd party vendor for $109.00 with free shipping. It should be delivered by 8/31. I'll report back after I get it installed.

The Installation Instructions and Product Info sheet are attached.

**Note: The 2019 Regal is also on the compatibility list, but you have to use a different harness. It appears that harness is included.

Attachments

• Axxess_AXSSO-GM_Install_Instructions.pdf
    344.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Axxess_AXSSO-GM_Product_Info.pdf
    216.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I went ahead and ordered the Axxess Auto Start/Stop Override Interface for GM 2016-2019 this morning. The 2017-2018 Regal is on the compatibility list, so I felt comfortable that it will work. Description says it keeps it disabled even after you turn off the key.

The Axxess part number is AXSSO-GM and the MSRP is $186.00. I was able to get it from a Walmart 3rd party vendor for $109.00 with free shipping. It should be delivered by 8/31. I'll report back after I get it installed.

The Installation Instructions and Product Info sheet are attached.

**Note: The 2019 Regal is also on the compatibility list, but you have to use a different harness. It appears that harness is included.
I don't think anyone here has mentioned this one before. It's a bit more complicated to install than the smart-start-stop with a whole other control box to mount remotely and wiring directly to the battery. It'd be interesting to see if it works seamlessly with the remote start or not since that is the biggest con of the smart-start-stop module.

I still prefer the Range Tech since it's just plug it in and it's done but interesting to have options for those who don't like to use the OBD port for anything.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
I hate to sound like a broken record, but after reviewing all the options to disable my ASS, I always come back to the free one... just let the car do what it does and not worry about it. I'd rather spend the money towards buying a car battery sooner rather than later.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
I hate to sound like a broken record, but after reviewing all the options to disable my ASS, I always come back to the free one... just let the car do what it does and not worry about it. I'd rather spend the money towards buying a car battery sooner rather than later.
That works for you. My situation is different and I suspect your feelings might change if it happened 20+ times on your way to work, another 10+ times at lunch, and another 20+ times on your way home. I have to sit through multiple light cycles at multiple intersections both ways. You don’t even wanna know how many times it engages when there’s an accident on the interstate and traffic is diverted to all of the surface streets.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yes, that method gets beat around here and other forums like a dead horse. I did it for a while. It works until you are creeping into a parking space or a garage only to have the car shut off, then restart so you can pull up another few inches and then turn it off again. That was my turning point. I'm happy with the purchase and would do it again. It's not life changing amount of money, it's basically the cost of a nice dinner out somewhere or a couple tickets to a ball game, parking and some food.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
I don't think anyone here has mentioned this one before. It's a bit more complicated to install than the smart-start-stop with a whole other control box to mount remotely and wiring directly to the battery. It'd be interesting to see if it works seamlessly with the remote start or not since that is the biggest con of the smart-start-stop module.

I still prefer the Range Tech since it's just plug it in and it's done but interesting to have options for those who don't like to use the OBD port for anything.
I just saw it for the first time while I was waiting at the dealership this morning. Two wires and a small module with a couple of screws seems easy enough. It’s about the same as installing a fuse block or circuit breaker for an amplifier.

jdoodle

Sustaining Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
Yes, that method gets beat around here and other forums like a dead horse. I did it for a while. It works until you are creeping into a parking space or a garage only to have the car shut off, then restart so you can pull up another few inches and then turn it off again. That was my turning point. I'm happy with the purchase and would do it again. It's not life changing amount of money, it's basically the cost of a nice dinner out somewhere or a couple tickets to a ball game, parking and some food.
Yeah, it's the parking that's a big PIA for me.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners