• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal TourX

AaronGavin

Any opinions on the big, Buick wagon? We’re looking at a Subaru Outback or a Volvo V60 for purchase in the next year or so, but I saw a Buick this afternoon and I’m lusting for one.

My wife is onboard for a brown wagon, we would want AWD and a manual if possible. No VW, dieselgate left a bad taste in our mouths and the Panamera wagon is way out of our league.

Also, any opinions on the 3.6 Outback vs the 2.5?

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
First.... if you are looking to buy and want a TourX move fast. There aren't many left and what is here is all that will be here.

Second, while generally speaking we all really like the car there are a few things we don't like. A common complaint is how much they watered it down from the rest of the world. Even in top trim there are features missing many of us have had for 15 years and several unused buttons. But the bigger concern has been the lack of GM to supply parts especially if you get in an accident. Some have unfortunately been waiting months.

The Outback is not seen in the best light here mainly due to it's high ride height and CVT as the only option. I think the top trim level is now a turbo 4cyl which should be the only choice. Ride height can be changed since Subaru has great aftermarket support unlike the TourX. So if you can live with the CVT but not the height you do have options.

Many here would have gone Volvo if not for the price. The TourX is so deeply discounted it was hard to justify spending that much more.

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
I enjoy looking at my TourX. I enjoy driving my TourX; it handles curves/corners quite well with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, especially on-throttle when the Twinster rear diff puts power to the outside wheel and helps the car rotate for a better exit. Did I mention how much I love looking at my TourX? Absolutely beautiful shape. That said, I would not buy it knowing what I know now.

Like the first response stated, the OEM parts issue some have experienced makes me concerned for the post warranty ownership period should something go awry. The lack of aftermarket support is also frustrating as this chassis is capable of more. Lastly, the lack of included features at the price points of each trim level, regardless of the discounts, is mind-blowing; I had a 2017 CR-V EX-L which was priced the same as the Preferred trim, but had standard equipment at the Essence trim, including safety features which are a $1200 option on the Essence trim.

Whatever you choose, good luck.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Many here would have gone Volvo if not for the price.
Well, I wasn't nearly as enamored with the V60 as I am with the V90... which is WAY more expensive. If money were not an issue, I would choose the TourX over the V60, but would take the V90 over the TourX any day of the week... especially the non-XC version. Gorgeous!

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred Sport Red/Shale - red needle
Well, you'll get an obvious bias toward the TourX here, of course. But about your wish list: AWD is standard on the TourX if you don't mind giving up the Outback's ground clearance. Since you're also looking at the V60, that doesn't sound like an issue. You will have to sacrifice the stick since that's not an option (and neither are paddle shifters). That brown color your wife wants is gonna have to come aftermarket - Rioja Red can come close to brown in the right light, though. V60 is a little smaller in back than either other choice, I hear. And even after all these years, I think the jury's still out on the CVTs. I had a Forester that had one replaced after 37K miles because of a bearing. They're not supposed to be repaired, I'm told, so good luck if you're out of warranty.

Crispy

Buick Ownership
TourX
You must be joking about the stick shift. My wife and I have moved on from anger several years ago, right past depression and have now accepted there will be no more stick shift sport wagons. Had we known this was coming, we might have bought-out that last, fully loaded, stick shift, lease Audi. I digress.. We love our TourX!

AaronGavin

Any opinions on the big, Buick wagon? We’re looking at a Subaru Outback or a Volvo V60 for purchase in the next year or so, but I saw a Buick this afternoon and I’m lusting for one. Mobdro

My wife is onboard for a brown wagon, we would want AWD and a manual if possible. No VW, dieselgate left a bad taste in our mouths and the Panamera wagon is way out of our league.word counter

Also, any opinions on the 3.6 Outback vs the 2.5?

First.... if you are looking to buy and want a TourX move fast. There aren't many left and what is here is all that will be here.

Second, while generally speaking we all really like the car there are a few things we don't like. A common complaint is how much they watered it down from the rest of the world. Even in top trim there are features missing many of us have had for 15 years and several unused buttons. But the bigger concern has been the lack of GM to supply parts especially if you get in an accident VidMate . Some have unfortunately been waiting months.

The Outback is not seen in the best light here mainly due to it's high ride height and CVT as the only option. I think the top trim level is now a turbo 4cyl which should be the only choice. Ride height can be changed since Subaru has great aftermarket support unlike the TourX. So if you can live with the CVT but not the height you do have options.

Many here would have gone Volvo if not for the price. The TourX is so deeply discounted it was hard to justify spending that much more.

Turbo Buick Badge