• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick riviera 1968 Mount Pads

Pablo Riviera 68

Buick Ownership
1968 buick riviera
Hello everyone!

Recently became a part of this community, so first of all, I´m Pablo and I have a 1968 Buick Riviera. Pleasure to be here!!!
Bought the car about 8 years ago, no engine, so i haven´t driven it yet:(. Last year i started to do some work on the body and i´m trying to get it finish ASAP.
The car is what you would probably call a "pice of junk" as far as general condition, but there are not many others like this in my country...so...i´m in love with it. As far as i can tell, i´ve never seen a 68 around here, only ONE 66 and ONE 63 Riv.
Unfortunately the engine crossmember has been modifed by a privious owner (which i call " the enemy") Someone thought it would be a good idea to put a 4 cylinder diesel engine on the car, so they cut up the crossmember and i´m now trying to fix it.
There is no frame mount pad on the frame. I have no engine yet, thinking of putting a 430 or 455 buick big block, wich I intend to buy in the US (used engine with TH400 complete) since there aren´t many engines like that around here.
So, getting to the issue....i´ve seen a few frame mount pads in the market.... But i was wondering if the ones I´ve seen wolud work for a 455 or 430 (from 68 to 73, probably).
I want to by a set of frame pads, already have the engine mounts, but i want to make sure the work with no major mods.

Here are some pads i´ve found!

400-430-455 Frame Pads, 68-72 Frame Mount Pads - Iron, TA_1820B | TAPerformance.com

Buick Engine Parts
Stock Number
DCM-MMK
Fits
Skylark / GS / GSX

Pads, Frame, 1968-72 Skylark 400-430-455, Cast Iron

Thank you all! i hope i explained myself, as you can see...English is not my mother tounge!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The links you provided are for GM A bodies, Pontiac Tempest, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Chevrolet Malibu, etc. The Riviera is not an A body vehicle. You would have to email those companies to see if they think it would work.

Pablo Riviera 68

Buick Ownership
1968 buick riviera
Thank you MelsRegal, I´ve already have....thay replied that they were not sure it fit. The thing is that i´m not finding any listings for E-body. :confused:

Pedal Commander