Buick Stage versions

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
If you're referring to the GS/GSX Skylark muscle cars... then Stage 1 was a option the dealer could install. Aluminum heads and other stuff.

While the Stage 2 was experimental and no one got it except the fellas who were developing it for Buick. Can't remember who they were, but they were drag racers and took their Buick GS Stage 2 down the 1/4 mile on slicks into the 10 second territory.
The name of their car was “Wilie Coyote” - the Road Runners nemesis !
:LOL:

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a little more details on the history. There was some write ups on it during that era, but if it wasn't a Pontiac, Olds Chevy, Ford or Mopar it wasn't really noticed unless you were a Buick person or in the racing pretty heavy.

How the Buick GS Stage 2 Redefined Muscle Car Performance

Illinois
Buick Ownership
And just one more link, the two Stage 2 cars that were known for racing are listed, there's a clone out there also. The parts I think are being repo still so if someone wanted to make a Stage 2 455, sorry BB Chevy and Mopar is what I had. Most of what I know is when I had the 73 Riviera with the 455, but the cost vs results would be like trying to turn the Queen Mary into a ski boat LOL.

Buick Gran Sport - Wikipedia

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Well it's hard to say rare, but GM never built one other then the test mule that was disassemble after it tossed a rod and only 2 others are known, but if a customer went in and ordered it over the counter, dealer installed it and was never on the paperwork or a aftermarket company built them there's little information about those.

Kenne Bell was probably the best Buick high performance company at the time and I'm sure there's others, but they could have put a few out there. Again I was BB Chevy - Mopar at the time so all I knew was Nickey Chevrolet and Mr. Norm as they were in Chicago.

Why do you have a Stage 2 sitting in barn LOL.

Just some older ad's, it wasn't hard to get parts and spend money - repeat as needed until you got scared driving your car LMAO.

0090586991f9fbf10997fcfbfb160f6b.jpg Nickey (1).jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.