Buick towing package fumble

Serrano80

Buick Ownership
2019 ENCLAVE
Hello fellow Buick owners, My wife and I recently purchased the 2019 Enclave premier and one of the items we had requested was towing package. This should had been the cooling system upgrade and hitchto add the ability to tow up to 5000 pounds. We recently just found out that we did not get that and instead when we read towing it was only a towing hitch not the the tow haul mode that should have came with that package. There is not much we can do now since allthe papaer work was done and they dot have to recall what we asked for. Has any one been through this or know some one who has? Also any way we can go abouts adding this feature off market? I called another buick and they had no cluethat you could even have the tow/haul mode so they didn't help much.

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
It is called a trailering package on the Buick web site, you dont see that on the window sticker?
  • Trailer hitch
  • Heavy-duty engine cooling system
  • Increases towing capacity to 5,000 lbs.1
  • May require additional optional equipment

Buick Ownership
2019 ENCLAVE
It is called a trailering package on the Buick web site, you dont see that on the window sticker?
  • Trailer hitch
  • Heavy-duty engine cooling system
  • Increases towing capacity to 5,000 lbs.1
  • May require additional optional equipment
It's a bit complicated, at the time I had been offered running boards, at the time towing package "verbage" , upgraded trims and all wheel drive for the premier trim. They screwed up and did not notice the vehicle at the time did not have AWD and they had said they would honor the price. To make it short they did not and discounted part of the dealand the person who wrote up the contract wrote in towing as we had thought it was the towing package or as its listed trailer package. The dealer at the time referred to it and described the items in the towing package. A lot of confusion and a lot of waiting for parts that took weeks to get vs days that had been promised

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
I would doubt you can add tow/haul to a FWD model. It is a bit too complicated to add because it works in conjunction with the AWD system.
If the dealer made a mistake they should make good on it with a vehicle that you actually wanted to begin with. :sneaky:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.