Buick Verano Disapearing Paint Issue

izuwime

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano Premium Turbo
Background: 2013 Buick Verano Premium, Mocha Bronz Metallic, garage kept and clean with only 41K miles. I paid for and repaired a paint issue ($1700) on the hood myself in 2017 (not knowing it was a common issue). Fast forward..noticed dull paint on top of vehicle. After research found out it is a common problem, but sometimes hard to notice. Took car to dealership, they recognized the issue and said the paint was "Checking" in which is a factory OEM defect. Was told vehicle is out of warranty and $2900 for repaint/repair. Called Buick Customer service for assistance. (Case# 9-5009849110) My case has been with a Senior Advisor "Lionel" for OVER two months now. I cannot get a call back nor any information regarding case. For a month now, Lionel has told me "Dealership will not call him back", "I am just a liason nothing I can do". I have suggested calling a different delership, he won't do it. I have asked to speak to someone else, cannot get past him. I have even given my dealership the Senior Advisors number to include his extension 5923579, and they cannot get ahold of him, and have no record of him calling or contacting the dealership. I keep getting told I will get a call back and I never do. Been told the exact same things... "I have escalated the issue", "I have sent notification to Lionels supervisor", on and on and on. I have tried messeging Buick on Facebook, and have attempted to email GM all to no avail. I feel this type of treatment is unacceptable and it is unacceptable for a car with less than 41K miles to look like it is primer. It is also unacceptable that I cannot get ANY help from Buick who claims "Total Customer satisfaction is important". I am a loyal GM customer for over 30 years and a Chevy Truck Legends member. I will be working on a YouTube Video to show my issues with the paint. If anyone have any info or better way to get help I will greatly appreciate it. Love the car, but I $3000 is a bit much especially when it is a factory paint defect.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Customer Satisfaction really starts and ends at the dealership.
They are the "face" of the manufacturer, responsible for the sale, and "most" of the subsequent service, especially anything that is or could be warranty/defect related. They should really be helping you out with any warranty claims or exceptions back to Buick.

Sadly, I'm afraid Customer Service in most industries has been a dying field over the last 20 years or so.
And I see nothing to indicate a turn around in this trend. So I guess I'm not really surprised.

On a personal note, I also have 2013 Premium.
38,000 miles, garage kept, hasn't seen any Ohio winter weather(and little rain) since I purchased it used late summer 2016. It has the White Diamond paint. Not my first choice of color but when buying used you can't always be picky. On the upside most people, especially women, really like the color.

The downside is that if the paint were to ever fail or get damaged, it won't be cheap to fix and usually entails an entire repaint as White Diamond is nearly impossible to color/tint match. At least that is what some "body men" have told me. I really like this car and is one of my "more favorites" that I have ever owned.

Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you fare.

izuwime

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano Premium Turbo
Customer Satisfaction really starts and ends at the dealership.
They are the "face" of the manufacturer, responsible for the sale, and "most" of the subsequent service, especially anything that is or could be warranty/defect related. They should really be helping you out with any warranty claims or exceptions back to Buick.

Sadly, I'm afraid Customer Service in most industries has been a dying field over the last 20 years or so.
And I see nothing to indicate a turn around in this trend. So I guess I'm not really surprised.

On a personal note, I also have 2013 Premium.
38,000 miles, garage kept, hasn't seen any Ohio winter weather(and little rain) since I purchased it used late summer 2016. It has the White Diamond paint. Not my first choice of color but when buying used you can't always be picky. On the upside most people, especially women, really like the color.

The downside is that if the paint were to ever fail or get damaged, it won't be cheap to fix and usually entails an entire repaint as White Diamond is nearly impossible to color/tint match. At least that is what some "body men" have told me. I really like this car and is one of my "more favorites" that I have ever owned.

Good Luck and keep us posted as to how you fare.
I have been hearing that it is mostly the darker colors that is the problem. However, keep a close eye as it is very hard to recognize and see until you notice it. Paint will start to dull, then look like it is just fading away. Very small (what appears to be) random lines or scratches and rough to the touch.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Anyone know if this is confined to the 2013 model year? My '15 is Sapphire Blue and has never been garaged. It'll receive its wax for the summer once it warms and stays warm here (after Tax Day).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.