• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Verano

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

KingBuick

Washington, DC
Buick Ownership
2008 Volvo S60 2.5T
General Motors is the proud manufacturer of the Buick brand of cars. The 2012 Buick Verano is the latest offering from this GM enterprise. So what's so special about the Verano? How is it any different from the other Buick models available? The Verano is the new compact car designed for efficiency - and it’s both quiet and quite luxurious offering a smooth, calm and stress-free driving experience.

If you're looking for a small American car with a smooth, relaxing ride and plenty of luxury amenities along with impressive performance, the Buick Verano is your best choice. And since it's a compact car, it's excellent on gas. Most small cars don't offer the kind of luxurious experience you get from the Buick Verano.

The car basically falls into GM’s global compact platform which includes a basic suspension layout and a floor pan (perhaps like the Chevrolet Cruz). In addition to the already fabulous features of GM engineering works, the Verano also decimates noise from both internal and external sources. This is also owed to the enhanced body structure, a new design which reduces the previous creaks and rattles that have made noise in the past. Other features include standard eighteen-inch wheels, direct-injected 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and Aerodynamic underbody panels.

The Buick Verano features acoustic lamination for the windshield as well as front doors, sprayed on sound-deadening foam, rubber plugs and "Quiet Tuning" technology. The interior is amazingly plush with comfortable thick bolsters and woven headliner tucks up at the windshield, optional full leather seats, contrasting stitching, upper dash graining, button-intensive center stack, seven-inch color touch screen and very solid looking inner door pulls which make the car look fabulous from the inside.

© 2011 Madison Ross Media Grop
Thanks for writing this up Sal. Great description!

KingBuick.

Obst141

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Check out this video from the Detroit Auto Show. This is a good looking car!

Last edited by a moderator:

polarzak

Buick Ownership
Ex-Lucerne Owner, Now loving two Chrysler 300s.
Looks goooood. I want one......but after the trouble I had with my Lucerne....maybe not. This is a first year production.
Good looks is what got me to buy the first year Lucerne and I wish I never did. :sad:

Mrdummy

TheFitnessBoard.com
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
1st year vehicles always have issues with them. That's why I waited until now to get my Verano...

At least I hope GM got most of the bugs out of it by now!

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far so good, then again, its only a week old and has 250 miles on it...

:)

Glycereine

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
As the motor breaks-in and the weather warms up so will the mileage.
Wish that was true :p.

Mileage is my only complaint with this car. It's pretty bad for its class/size. Everything else I love.

Disappointed

Buick Ownership
VERANO
2012 Verano.
Immediately upon purchase i noticed the fresh air intake always had hot air blowing through vents. Dealer and GM customer service said nothing is wrong. Other Verano owners would stop me in parking lots and ask me if I had the same issue as they had. It was a defect. After 40,000 miles the timing chain needed replaced; camshaft position solenoid Valve replaced; new gasket kit; output shaft seal leaking.
At 60,000 miles, the car lost all power while driving 55 miles an hour on highway (other owners- buick forums - had the same dangerous experience). By lost power, i mean the car suddenly had no power steering, brakes. Gas pedal was not operational. The engine shut off.
Piston ring failure was the diagnosis from Buick service. Almost 4000 to fix they stated.
None of these issues should have happened with a car with only 60,000 miles.
The Verano is no longer being manufactured. GM should admit that they sold a defective product that did not perform as advertised.
I will never buy a GM product again.

Last edited:

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
If that's your definition of "defective," then every vehicle is defective. No automotive company is immune from making a few lemons. Defects aren't why GM stopped making the Verano; plummeting sedan sales killed the car in North America and Buick didn't help with a dearth of advertising and no mid-cycle enhancement to improve the car.

You did not explain if you ever adjusted the temperature dials on the dash panel to cool incoming air; that makes a difference when you don't use the a/c or heater.

The engine issues you describe sound like those afflicting the 2.4L engine and you ended up with a shoddy motor. My previous car had an earlier version of the 2.4 but I never experienced any of those issues through 126K miles before I traded that car for my Verano. My opinion of the Verano is 180º from yours; mine is far and away the best car I've ever owned and it does everything it was advertised to do.

Disappointed

Buick Ownership
VERANO
Yes. The temp control was all the way to the lower degree side. AC/Heat not activated. One service person, said they placed the intake for outside air flow in the wrong place causing the fresh outside air to heat up before it reached the cabin. Whether that is accurate is suspect. . Windows worked. I and others riding in the car attempted to make the incoming air flow cool.
As for "defective" My two Mazdas lasted well over 100,000 miles without incident. The motor on the 2012 Verano in my opinion should have lasted , with proper maintenance, as long as any other new model autos.
I really did like the styling and comfort of the Verano. But if you cannot drive it safely, styling and comfort is moot.
You are fortunate to have a trouble free vehicle. But watch out for signs of problems in year 4 of ownership.

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
With a first-year model such as you had, I can easily believe an assembly line worker placed the interior air intake incorrectly. However, you're right about the engine; it should have lasted as long as it was properly maintained. Some of the LEA motors were flawed.

I don't believe it is good fortune that my Verano is well built or that it's good luck that seven of my previous eight vehicles (some used, most new) came from GM and most of them surpassed 100K miles. The lone import car I owned is the one that gave me the most problems.

Disappointed

Buick Ownership
VERANO
After addition investigation, I've discovered that GM was well aware of this problem since 2014.
GM never notified Verano owners of this issue.
What's more; the Buick dealership told me there was never a service bulletin issued by GM for this problem.
Service bulletin 13-06-01-003H in fact was issued.
For all Verano owners, please take note. You may still have recourse.

Please view links:

Excessive Oil Consumption - 2010-2013 Buick Chevrolet GMC

GM Is Fixing Some Smoky Engines Under Warranty

G-476373

General Motors is the proud manufacturer of the Buick brand of cars. The 2012 Buick Verano is the latest offering from this GM enterprise. So what's so special about the Verano? How is it any different from the other Buick models available? The Verano is the new compact car designed for efficiency - and it’s both quiet and quite luxurious offering a smooth, calm and stress-free driving experience.

If you're looking for a small American car with a smooth, relaxing ride and plenty of luxury amenities along with impressive performance, the Buick Verano is your best choice. And since it's a compact car, it's excellent on gas. Most small cars don't offer the kind of luxurious experience you get from the Buick Verano.

The car basically falls into GM’s global compact platform which includes a basic suspension layout and a floor pan (perhaps like the Chevrolet Cruz). In addition to the already fabulous features of GM engineering works, the Verano also decimates noise from both internal and external sources. This is also owed to the enhanced body structure, a new design which reduces the previous creaks and rattles that have made noise in the past. Other features include standard eighteen-inch wheels, direct-injected 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and Aerodynamic underbody panels.

The Buick Verano features acoustic lamination for the windshield as well as front doors, sprayed on sound-deadening foam, rubber plugs and "Quiet Tuning" technology. The interior is amazingly plush with comfortable thick bolsters and woven headliner tucks up at the windshield, optional full leather seats, contrasting stitching, upper dash graining, button-intensive center stack, seven-inch color touch screen and very solid looking inner door pulls which make the car look fabulous from the inside.

© 2011 Madison Ross Media Grop
I own and love my 2013 Verano. My service department has been great! I have not had to have any major servicing until now. My side window alert system is acting up and I have been quoted approx. $1,000.00 to repair it. I am an 88 yr. old widow who drives very little. Only 25,000 kms. on car. How can I just disconnect system myself? Thanks.