• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cadillac XTS front brake mod

Alacran

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I wanted to post on here that i was successful in eliminating the soft spungy brake pedal feel by swapping over to the Cadillac XTS Brembo brake set up. I changed everything from dust shield to the brake hose. everything bolted up to the spindle just fine.

The hardest part was replacing the wheel hub on each side. I had two spare on standby just in case and i used them both because the work required to pull hubs off of the spindle. I have to go in and recheck Torque on the bolts and lug nuts but i drive this car daily and the brake mod works great.

Nic57870076492--950C7436-46C3-44A8-89F8-06BA9B691AC5.JPG

Attachments

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Always excellent when a plan succeeds of coarse but if you had spongy brakes? I’d say you just had air in the lines someplace, brakes aren’t spongy normally; must of bled them good anyways. Lucky to still of maintained wheel/rim clearances.

Alacran

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
@Rich B. It is well document in many automotive reviews for the 2012 Buick Lacrosse, cars.com calls it "Mushy brakes". I am describing an upgrade in my post and not a component or system failure.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
Good to know the Brembos fit and work. Thanks.

I got the 18" Chromies, looks like you have the larger Deluxe 19" wheels.
Also looks like you got the parts used from a bone yard.

Few questions for you:

You think the larger brake set would still fit with an 18" wheel ?

How much $ did the parts run you, and How much $ do you think you saved compared to buying all the Parts new ?

Alacran

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
@Bhodi's Buick - i did not try an 18" wheel.
I purchased a used Buick spindle to do my mock up before doing the work. that is how I found out what parts i needed and if my wheel would work.

Overall the cost with bolts (hub and caliper bolts), both dust shields, calipers, rotors, brake hose, brake pads the cost is around $700.00. I created a spreadsheet but i am missing the cost for the bolts.

Anyway - i bought new and used where it made sense. Bolts, pads, dust shields, hubs, and brake hose are brand new. I saved on used calipers and rotors. The rotors are GM factory with high tech material that you cannot

Pedal Commander