Cam shaft Sensor

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
Can anyone guide me to where I can locate the Camshaft position sensor B in circuit bank 1 on a 2011 Buick Regal 2.0L with Turbo. Check engine code is P0365.

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Can anyone guide me to where I can locate the Camshaft position sensor B in circuit bank 1 on a 2011 Buick Regal 2.0L with Turbo. Check engine code is P0365.
Side of cylinder head, drivers side, exhaust cam.

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
Thanks bro i think I had replaced the wrong sensor... the intake side. So the code came back after it was cleared. Do you have photo or schematic showing the location?

Mad_Coachman

Long Island
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited 150k miles
This is from Chiltons...2011 Regal 2.0 Camshaft Position Sensor Exhaust

1622490795699.png

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
HHHmmmm looks like the one I just replaced. the one I replaced was just below the high pressure fuel pump. is this the same?

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
never mind Mad_Coachman, it just made sense to me. Found it. Thanks for your input.

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
I replaced the camshaft sensor bank B (exhaust) ....actually I replaced both sensors, because of the mix up, but now I am getting a code P0366, same bank B. Its an intermittent code. I continue to get a combination of a medium length cranking and a normal one. Any ideas?

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
Has anyone come across any instances where the reluctor ring would hit the tip of the camshaft sensor? OR is this impossible.?I am asking because when I replaced the exhaust sensor (sensor b) back in June, I noticed the tip was damaged when I took it off. The tip was somewhat chewed up. Either something was moving about in the oil and damaged the tip OR the reluctor wheel hit it. The code almost immediately came back on when the new sensor was installed. I have not yet removed the second sensor to inspect it to see if the same thing happened.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

armyengr

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo
Has anyone come across any instances where the reluctor ring would hit the tip of the camshaft sensor? OR is this impossible.?I am asking because when I replaced the exhaust sensor (sensor b) back in June, I noticed the tip was damaged when I took it off. The tip was somewhat chewed up. Either something was moving about in the oil and damaged the tip OR the reluctor wheel hit it. The code almost immediately came back on when the new sensor was installed. I have not yet removed the second sensor to inspect it to see if the same thing happened.
My sensor that I'm having issues with was damaged pretty good and broke off at the mounting bolt. My issue is the doesnt start now. Engine only cranks but doesnt start. Did this happen to you? 2016 regal 2.0 premium turbo.

30bino09

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal
My sensor that I'm having issues with was damaged pretty good and broke off at the mounting bolt. My issue is the doesnt start now. Engine only cranks but doesnt start. Did this happen to you? 2016 regal 2.0 premium turbo.
that dd not happen to me, my car was still running but got the P0365 code to replace the sensor. The car would not start without the sensor

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners