Can’t get caliper on?

Larman

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Brake pads were shot. Bought new ones and I am having trouble sliding the caliper back over the rotors. I have never run into this issue in 30 years of doing my own brakes? Used a c clamp to push in caliper piston but they will not go in. Any ideas?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You can try loosing the bleeder and see if the piston will seat. Check the piston also for any rust or pitted as that would make it hung up.

Larman

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
I’m having issues on both sides its as if the new pads are too thick.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Sorry the post read like it was the piston. If the piston is in and they still won't go on it may be time to check the parts and part number if not fitting. If from a store ask to compare against another set and have them check the number. Best guessing as it's possible wrong part, didn't mention if a new rotors are also involved but may need to be checked.

Larman

Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Sorry the post read like it was the piston. If the piston is in and they still won't go on it may be time to check the parts and part number if not fitting. If from a store ask to compare against another set and have them check the number. Best guessing as it's possible wrong part, didn't mention if a new rotors are also involved but may need to be checked.
I brought them down and they match another set. Thickness was the same. Put old pads back on no issues. I’m off by 1/16+” Rotors are not new. Driving me crazy.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
The only thing holding the pads out is the pistons or if there is something different could be the backing plate on the pads. Best guessing not being on site, but hopefully you can get other answers.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!