Can any one tell me if the first gen lacrosse seats, front or back, will fit in a last gen Pontiac Grand Prix?

Eweic

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Can any one tell me if the first gen lacrosse seats, front or back, will fit in a last gen Pontiac Grand Prix? if not, would anyone be willing to measure their mounting bolt patterns so I can compare?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
While both vehicles shared the W platform, if swapping is possible may require more on the backseat side by side as the mounting points would need to match and the rest of the surrounding areas. On the front the mounting points may be the same, but if the electrical components match is another item that should be considered.

Good luck on the search and maybe someone else has more insight.

Eweic

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
While both vehicles shared the W platform, if swapping is possible may require more on the backseat side by side as the mounting points would need to match and the rest of the surrounding areas. On the front the mounting points may be the same, but if the electrical components match is another item that should be considered.

Good luck on the search and maybe someone else has more insight.

Eweic

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
good point. if anyone has pictures of the electrical connectors, that would be helpful, too. I'm gonna see if i can find anything the service manual about electrical wiring, also.

Human

Buick Ownership
Present: 2013 Lacrosse hybrid. Past: 1984 Century Custom (1992-96); 1977 Skylark coupe (1983-88).
On the front seats, if the Buick seats don't bolt in directly, you may need to swap the seat tracks from the Pontiac seats. The only potential complication would be if the Buick passenger seat has power adjustments and the Pontiac doesn't, then you would need to decide whether to keep the Pontiac's manual seat track and forego power on the passenger side or make further modifications to use the Buick's power seat track. Hopefully, it's bolt-up compatible and hopefully the power seat controls for both the Buick and Pontiac seats are mounted on the seat itself and not elsewhere, such as the door panel or center console. This effectively stopped me from putting a nice set of leather seats from an Olds LSS into a Pontiac Bonneville I had about ten years ago. The Olds had the controls on the door and the Bonneville had them on the seat, so the Olds had a fairly complicated wiring harness to connect to the off-board controls while the Pontiac just had a simple two-wire power connection. I ended up being patient and getting a set of Bonneville seats instead.

If everything's the same on the two sets of seats, the swap should be pretty simple, even if you need to add power to the passenger side. I ended up doing this on that Bonneville by creating a plug-and-play wiring harness that attached to the power connections underneath the driver's seat. I harvested both sides connector from the donor car when I removed the power passenger seat and then took a complete set of connectors from another car. I soldered the extra set of plugs onto one end of my wiring harness in parallel so that I could plug it in between the two halves of the connector under the driver's seat, then connect the other end under the passenger seat. The carpet was even pre-cut to accommodate the wiring. Yes, I could have cut and spliced into the wiring on the driver's side but it was much easier to make up the complete wiring harness outside of the car and I felt like it yielded a neater, more professional looking result. The important thing is it worked perfectly and never blew a fuse.

Eweic

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
that's awesome initiative!

the driver side on the grand prix is motorized, but the passenger size is manual, though it has 2 electrical harnesses that attach for what I'm guessing is just the weight sensor for the SRS system. (manual suggests disabling SRS to remove seat). I'm guessing the buick version of the passenger seat is motorized. I wonder if the power can be drawn from the connector that is there or if it is not enough current on that circuit to run a motor.

Human

Buick Ownership
Present: 2013 Lacrosse hybrid. Past: 1984 Century Custom (1992-96); 1977 Skylark coupe (1983-88).
I don't really know how to advise you on that one. A factory service manual likely yield some answers, although your owner's manual might also provide some clues if you examine the fuse diagram. Offhand, I'd say that if the connector on the Buick seat is the same as on the Pontiac seat, then it would probably work but if I had to guess, I'd say they're on two different circuits with separate connectors. If you have the Buick seats in your possession, check the wiring connectors and compare them to those on the Pontiac. If you're pulling the seats from a junked car, be sure to take both sides of any wiring connectors with at least three extra inches of wire, more if possible, to be able to do whatever splicing you need to do.

One thing's for certain. If you want a power passenger seat, you're definitely going to need to use the Buick seat track for the passenger side since it has all your motors. Of course, you could skip all that and put the Pontiac's manual seat track on the Buick passenger seat. I did that temporarily on the Bonneville but the possibility of a power passenger seat kept nagging at me until I figured out a plan for the wiring harness.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check the free Chilton manual online, see link below on the forum go to post #40 for information on how and what is involved to login.

It has wiring schematics, not sure on what years it covers, but if available you should see what's going to be compatible or a issue to be mindful of.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!