Can Gracenote Be Turned OFF?

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I had to buy an iPod Touch for my new TourX (April 2018 build date) because my older iPod Classics didn't work well with the infotainment system. So far, the iPod Touch seems to be okay BUT one thing I really don't like is that my genres are NOT showing up on the infotainment screen. Instead, Gracenote has recategorized all my music in the the genres IT wants them in. I really don't need to have all my music recategorized and have several separate genres "lumped" into one of their choosing. Is there any way to turn Gracenote OFF so that this does not happen? VERY frustrating to say the least!

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Try settings, then block all unwanted apps!

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I was expecting the worse with Gracenote (display album art? while driving??--just play the music!) but when I plugged-in a USB stick with about 300 MP3's it started to play almost immediately; if Gracenote indexed anything, it did it in less that a quarter second and I don't think the infotainment module has that level of processing power. I have tried a iPodTouch (1st gen) with a USB cable in the car but other than acknowledging the 'name' of the iPod on the main screen the system didn't see any files so I can't speak to that problem.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
HotZ28 - I tried your suggestion but Gracenote is not an app that is listed on the apps screen. I guess I'll have to "suggest" to Buick that they consider iPod mirroring instead of indexing files and changing categories. I think the only reason Buick made it work the way it does is so that the voice recognition software can find songs but I really don't care as I would rarely if ever use such a feature.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
UPDATE: I had an online "chat" this morning with Buick (GM) support and they have no solution for my issue other than "see your dealer for assistance". Somehow, I don't think they are going to be able to do anything either. I did ask the support person to please pass along to "the higher ups" a request for iPod mirroring (like my 2011 Nissan has) rather than treating the iPod as a "storage device" for music files and having the infotainment system "control" the genres, etc. We'll see if anything ever comes of THAT request....

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
GM just laid off most of those that could possibly help! Sorry, but the "the higher ups" have no idea of the solution!