Can we have a few more ads pop up?

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
I currently have no less than SEVEN ads on this page. I understand the need for advertising, but this is by far the worst laid out page ive encountered... it's a little ridiculous.

I also completely understand that joining and paying for membership removes them... but every other forum ive been on offers a "lifetime membership" for $40. Why is this one $40 a year??

Any thoughts? Sorry to sound like a d!ck. I do value the forum itself.

68Wildcat

Buick Ownership
68 Buick Wildcat Custom Convertible 455 4bbl
I understand the point of the ads as well, but this is the first forum I've encountered that will actually partially cover the text of the post with ads. If you can't read it, how are you supposed to contribute?
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I use Firefox

BayouBuick

Louisiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Nope... IE and my iPad display the same way too. And thanks, I didnt even count that square one that sneaks its way into the thread responses... that makes EIGHT.

Wow, that is a lot of adds. I don't experience any pop ups when using the site from a PC using google chrome. I do have one pop up when using my Blackberry Playbook.

Buffman

Tire Smoking Fury
MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
Sal pays for this site by himself. The Ads help cover the cost, and keep the forum free for everyone. Most of the sites I'm on, what $60-100/yr!

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
Oh i know there are costs associated with forums, I've been on quite a few too (at least 5 cars and 3 bikes worth), and this is the only site that hinders navigation, and it's just excessive. Just ranting... I know nothings going to change about it.

Buffman

Tire Smoking Fury
MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
best to email sal and ask him to check on the one that hinders reading posts..

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
If it were possible to get more direct advertisers, we could have less network ads running. Unfortunately, none of the big companies who advertise sell anything for Buick - so we're stuck.

Post up a screenshot of the ad covering text and I'll look into it. That does sound annoying but it doesn't happen to me on Chrome/Mac...

Get your turbo buick badge right here!