Can you add homelink garage opener?

Thread starter #1
Buick Ownership
2016 Verano
I have a 2016 Verano, pretty much base model. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is homelink universal garage door opener. I see consoles for sale on EBAY that have homelink. Has anybody swapped consoles? Is the wiring already there?

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unless someone has done this it may be asking a dealer if the harness wires are present. Also some newer garage door openers don't necessarily work with the older GM Homelink systems without an adaptor on the opener, so you may want to confirm that yours will.

As a option this may be another way to add the Homelink.
Gentex GENHLBP1

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
If you check the forums about people trying to get there Homelink to work and it won't, the newer openers are not aways compatible without a interface. Had a few who tried to program it 2 or 3 times only to find out it was the garage opener that needed the interface. Not saying you will but it may save some head banging LOL.

Thread starter #5
Buick Ownership
2016 Verano
My garage door opener works with our 2012 Regal GS and 2015 Ram 1500, both with Homelink. I'm gonna give it a shot at least. If not, it was only $45.

I'm also adding Homelink to our 2017 Camaro 1LT convertible.

Too many cars in this house, lol. The Regal is going away soon, though.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.