Canvasback

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Do you have light colors carpet in the back or black? I have shale seats but the cargo area is black trimmed. I've seen photos online of cars with shale seats also having the light cargo area. It is pricey but these cargo liners are interesting to me, I'm not typically a pattern guy but the black plaid could be interesting as a change of pace.
I have a 2018, so the cargo carpet is shale. Buick switched it to black in 2019 (with shale seats), which is a lot more practical. Trying to keep that acre of carpet and seat backs looking good will be a losing proposition with the dog and hauling stuff. I think the black plaid looks pretty nice too...

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Took a couple weeks but finally received the canvasback tan plaid covers. Will need it to warm up a bit to work out some of the fold creases, but the fit is very custom.

As for the velcro on our carpet - the nap is so tight on the carpets, it really doesn’t fray much at all when I’ve lifted the velcro for readjustments. I find a swift pull works well. Not sure how that will be after a few months of being in place - but it is initially encouraging considering how thin the carpet appears.

note these pics give the covers a reddish to pink hue - they look much more tan in person.

4C5D96B0-1B79-4218-AEE2-40A664014BFE.jpeg60400936-DBC5-4220-A111-25113171AE46.jpegE20785A0-C0A9-4FA6-A251-8A990B7E065A.jpeg

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Cute pup! So I have a few questions. First, what length is that bumper flap? I ask because I wouldn't want to get any shorter. Second, what is the back of the material like? Just wondering if someone was sitting back there if the fabric would be too stiff and damage the paint. Third, does this material seem slippery? I find if I put anything in the back and don't tie it down it is constantly sliding and it drive me crazy. As much as I want these I am nervouse things are going to slide everywhere.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Cute pup! So I have a few questions. First, what length is that bumper flap? I ask because I wouldn't want to get any shorter. Second, what is the back of the material like? Just wondering if someone was sitting back there if the fabric would be too stiff and damage the paint. Third, does this material seem slippery? I find if I put anything in the back and don't tie it down it is constantly sliding and it drive me crazy. As much as I want these I am nervouse things are going to slide everywhere.
1. Flap is 18” option - which is shortest available

2. back appears to be same material as top - but plain white with no pattern (it appears to be a single layer of fabric). IMO I don’t think it would scratch paint on the bumper unless there was something foreign in between (sand, gravel et al). I also have a bumper sill guard - so less of a concern for me.

3. yes - has potential to be slippery - which is why I think rail access is a must. Candidly this is where cargo fence could really be helpful - I also have a generic nylon “cargo carrier” which I just leave hooked in. I would offer anything of weight would likely stay in place unless you throw the car around in corners.

Canvasback was happy to send me small swatches of fabric at no cost (I posted the plaid samples earlier in this thread). The customer service is very responsive (they’re based in MN). I would encourage you to get a sample before making a full commitment if you’re unsure, as it’s not an inexpensive option. I am happy with the product - and look forward to getting the pup back to the dog park to get muddy :)

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Looks great! Great pix and pup! Thanks for posting. Will be ordering my CB soon here.

edit: Looks like you still have access to the two "way back" rearward side storage areas by pulling down the covers there - can you confirm?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Looks great! Great pix and pup! Thanks for posting. Will be ordering my CB soon here.

edit: Looks like you still have access to the two "way back" rearward side storage areas by pulling down the covers there - can you confirm?
thanks!

yes, the side panels are extra. The access to the storage cubbies is a simple velcro latch which keeps the bottom together.

D212C075-E393-4900-88A6-A537907756C2.jpeg7A547520-F5BD-443D-955C-F01567B6055C.jpeg

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Looks like a good pup! I'm going to get these eventually. I'm still on the fence about getting black or black plaid but I'm impressed that the pattern with the side pieces perfectly lines up with the pattern on the cargo matt. Shows real attention to detail on their part.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Looks like a good pup! I'm going to get these eventually. I'm still on the fence about getting black or black plaid but I'm impressed that the pattern with the side pieces perfectly lines up with the pattern on the cargo matt. Shows real attention to detail on their part.
I just ordered black. Will post photos when they come.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I've got to agree. That is impressive coverage for the cargo space. It's got me thinking about one for my Sportback...
If they don't list your Sportback on their site, you can email them and ask them to make one. I did for TourX and they were very responsive.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
@Zaxer Hey getting ready to pull the trigger here - does the velcro flap stay on securely when you repeatedly flip it back and forth for opening/closing the hatch? I would likely be using it a few times a week. Debating whether to have them just cut a longer piece for that section vs using the velcro attachment. Thanks.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
@Zaxer Hey getting ready to pull the trigger here - does the velcro flap stay on securely when you repeatedly flip it back and forth for opening/closing the hatch? I would likely be using it a few times a week. Debating whether to have them just cut a longer piece for that section vs using the velcro attachment. Thanks.
Yes - no problems. In our last expedition to Costco, we loaded up three flats of canned drinks and slid it across the velcro seam where the flap is mounted...and it didn't move (I just leave the flap on and flop it over the end instead of removing it). I did have one instance where I forgot I had left the flap down and auto closed the hatch...hatch stopped itself - flap stayed in place.

The only thing I don't like is the accommodation for the sliding tie-downs - but there's really no other way to do it. As I tend to just leave the tie downs in place - it allows crud to get into the channels very easily as the cover doesn't lie flat (you can see it in my images above).

Overall I'm very happy with them - I handily run to the garden/home center/warehouse club and I'm not afraid to load 'er up!

RTBoston

They could sew a large tooth zipper into the groove. Just unzip when you need it. Could also sew a flap that can simply be flipped over the gap.
I'm imagining a ton of crap ending up in the channels if I had a setup like that. Although.... admittedly I love the color.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
They could sew a large tooth zipper into the groove. Just unzip when you need it. Could also sew a flap that can simply be flipped over the gap.
I'm imagining a ton of crap ending up in the channels if I had a setup like that. Although.... admittedly I love the color.
Two large toothed zippers so you can adjust the hold downs where you want, then zip up to them at your set position, keeping crud out at all times.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Two large toothed zippers so you can adjust the hold downs where you want, then zip up to them at your set position, keeping crud out at all times.
Good thoughts. It seems very possible but would undoubtedly add cost. To really cover the tracks and maximize flexibility on placement, 4 zippers per side would be nice - a pair to “bookend” each tie down. Going to keep an eye on it over summer to see how much junk falls in there...

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I finally got around to installing these today. Compared to my old Enclave set, much easier to install as they use less Velcro. But, harder to get a crisp look since there is less Velcro and lots of nooks and crannies.

So, the Buick cover is more attractive but these are more practical since they cover more, let you use the rails, and protect the bumper and seat backs. I really like the removable bumper cover. Make sure you order it with the original cover so they put the extra Velcro on for it. I purchased the 20” flap which looks about the right length to me.

PS: Don’t tell my wife I used her iron in the garage!

Attachments

Last edited:

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I finally got around to installing these today. Compared to my old Enclave set, much easier to install as they use less Velcro. But, harder to get a crisp look since there is less Velcro and lots of nooks and crannies.

So, the Buick cover is more attractive but these are more practical since they cover more, let you use the rails, and protect the bumper and seat backs. I really like the removable bumper cover. Make sure you order it with the original cover so they put the extra Velcro on for it. I purchased the 20” flap which looks about the right length to me.

PS: Don’t tell my wife I used her iron in the garage!
looks great...iron? what iron?