Car Broken Into with Crowbar

BigEgo

2015 Buick Regal
Luckily nothing of importance was stolen. But now the black and silver framing around the door seems ajar. I am just worrying that this will be easy access for the next guy trying to break in. I could fit my fingers into that opening. I sprayed the area with a hose and it seemingly still had a seal.
Is this something to worry about? How much would a repair be? Thanks!
IMG_20200521_143123.jpg IMG_20200521_143114.jpg

Mackiesback

MInnesota
2017 Buick Regal Premium II-Trifecta Tune
I would repair it, I am not sure anyone here can give you an estimate. Does your insurance have a deductable for theft? Some don't.

BigEgo

2015 Buick Regal
I would repair it, I am not sure anyone here can give you an estimate. Does your insurance have a deductable for theft? Some don't.
I'm not sure, but I know my deductible is $1000, so don't think I'll go that route. I think I'll see what my mechanic says next time I get an oil change. I saw there were some DIY for other cars on how to repair these sort of damages, but not sure I'd attempt that either.

Do you think it'd be one of those situations where the whole door needs replacing? Like when you have minor bumper damage and that's the result?

MelsRegal

Regal GS 2017
You need to speak to a body shop not the guy who changes your oil.

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
I once bought a wrecked truck out of an insurance pool ($8K for a loaded 6-month old pickup with 3,300 miles). It had been in a “soft” rollover. After straightening the windshield and roof line, the top of the drivers’ door stuck out about 2” from the body. I put the window down and put a short section of 2X4 between the door and the frame just above the latch. Then, I pushed on the very top of the door repeatedly until the gap changed. After a few tries, I was able to close the door and have it meet all the proper body lines. I don‘t think I was lucky; I was just too cheap to buy a new door. This may just be an old man rambling on about his past successes, or it may be some veiled advice. You decide. Feelin’ lucky?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You are asking "do these pants make me look fat", with out a onsite inspection and 2 photos it's hard to know what really needs to be repaired or replaced.

1. Some folks may get a jar of black paint, duct tape, Gorilla glue, beer and have at.

2. Others would pull the dent, blend the area, reshoot black, clear coat, sand, buff and wax as needed, replace door seal and any additional damage.

#1 is cheap and ghetto, #2 is pricey and won't lower the value of the vehicle.

A dent shop may be able to tackle the metal work and probably be less than a body, but you will need to shop around. The door seal should be replaced as mending it may only a temporary fix, but try it before buying a new one and see what happens.

BigEgo

2015 Buick Regal
Thanks for the comments guys. I don't think I'm upset about the appearance considering I've had a few hit and runs and unfortunately can't keep up with paying for damages. Am moreso worried if this would make it easier for a new thief to take advantage.
Clearly seems like the only answers I will get is if I go to a body shop. I just know they'll try to sell me on getting work no matter what, even if it's not technically needed. That's why I was posting here.
Well thanks again guys.

Mackiesback

MInnesota
2017 Buick Regal Premium II-Trifecta Tune
I'm not sure, but I know my deductible is $1000, so don't think I'll go that route. I think I'll see what my mechanic says next time I get an oil change. I saw there were some DIY for other cars on how to repair these sort of damages, but not sure I'd attempt that either.

Do you think it'd be one of those situations where the whole door needs replacing? Like when you have minor bumper damage and that's the result?
When my car was broken into my homeowners covered it.

BoostedRegal2.0

2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
You can try carefully hitting the top of the door with a large rubber mallet with the door open and you should be able to get it to line up with the rear door. Just make sure you roll the window all the way down, you don't want to shatter the glass.

I'm sure a body shop can fix it since they have all the right tools and the knowledge to do it. I don't think it would be that expensive if you just have them realign the door. Then you could replace the seal yourself and cover the bare metal with black touch up paint and you would have a decent looking repair.

Turbo Buick Badge