• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Car makes a thump noise when apply gas from a stand till

axl266

Buick Ownership
2007 Buick Rendezvous
2007 Buick Rendezvous with 149,000 miles. So I've noticed that after driving the Buick for a while (35 miles or more) sometimes when I'm at a red light and I press the gas to go the car moves but you hear a thud noise from the back of the SUV. I know it could be a transmission slip because it kind of feels like that but it doesn't seem to be a tranny slip. If you apply the gas normal you don't have an issue. While driving the transmission works flawless. You can feel the Buick shift nice and smooth. This only happens while stomping on the gas and moving from a stand still. I checked the transmission fluid and it's bright pink and the transmission fluid level was exactly in the middle of the dipstick. This started while we drop 650 miles to Myrtle. It happen while we were driving home. It didn't happen again for like 5000 miles until just the other day. Any ideas would be great.

TollKeeper

Brighton, CO
Buick Ownership
2004 GMC Envoy XUV, 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Check the rear suspension, shocks, springs, and stabilizer links.

Also check your spare tire, if the cable is loose, it may be banging around on the frame, and sub-frame

bambam

Buick Ownership
redavouse 2002
or it could be a rear motor mount causing the exhaust to hit the firewall.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!