Cargo fence for tour x.

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Out of curiosity I went back to look at a configurator for the 2018 TourX to see what comes with the cargo management system. Did anyone with an early 2018 come without the cargo fence?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Do you mean the partition that covers the cargo area or a Cargo Grid like this:

I was going to purchase a grid from over the pond, but realized the US cars are not set up with the correct provisions (mounting points in the headliner). I'm unsure if it can be retrofitted on a car with the panoramic moon roof as well.

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Do you mean the partition that covers the cargo area or a Cargo Grid like this:

I was going to purchase a grid from over the pond, but realized the US cars are not set up with the correct provisions (mounting points in the headliner). I'm unsure if it can be retrofitted on a car with the panoramic moon roof as well.
I think it would be similar to this when reading the configurator language.

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
That's a flex-rail. That specific piece is not available in the US, but some others have found other vehicles that use a similar product.

Thread here.

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
I just called Buick and talked to customer service. Buick confirmed that it was supposed to be a part of the package. They informed the dealer that they were to provide it.

I will let you know how it goes when I go to the service department today.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Flexrail can be ordered from Vauxhall Superstore
They quoted me 124 pounds shipped to NYC.

btw...was looking at a YouTube video yesterday for the new Kia Proceed GT shooting brake and it showed the exact same partition in the boot at the 05:33 point.

Last edited:

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I just called Buick and talked to customer service. Buick confirmed that it was supposed to be a part of the package. They informed the dealer that they were to provide it.

I will let you know how it goes when I go to the service department today.
What package are you speaking of? Do you have the package name and code? I've never seen that piece offered by a US distributor.

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
What package are you speaking of? Do you have the package name and code? I've never seen that piece offered by a US distributor.
Below is what my vehicle said under cargo management in the configurator. My assumption that the cargo fence is similar to a flex rail. My car came without the fence and the dealer claims that it didn't come with car.

CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
  • U-rail with adjustable cargo fence
  • Under floor storage
  • Retractable cargo shade

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Below is what my vehicle said under cargo management in the configurator. My assumption that the cargo fence is similar to a flex rail. My car came without the fence and the dealer claims that it didn't come with car.

CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
  • U-rail with adjustable cargo fence
  • Under floor storage
  • Retractable cargo shade
Thinking that the dealer is correct here, but you never know. Please report back when you get a response from Buick.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX

Tbruce06

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
Not as configured here. I’ve seen a kit to add the provisions in the headliner / roof, but don’t have the part number handy or know what it consists of.
I have been back and forth with the dealer about what is on their site. If you have what is optioned below go back to the configurator. It clearly says a cargo fence. Either the site is wrong or they failed to ship the TourX with it.

DRIVER CONFIDENCE PACKAGE I
$1,725

Highlights Include:
LED headlamps with automatic leveling system and cornering lamps

Cornering lamps
Headlamp control with automatic leveling
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert

Wireless Charging

Memory settings
4-way power-adjustable lumbar driver and front passenger seat control
Seat adjuster, front passenger 4-way power lumbar
Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors with auto-dimming
Cargo management system

Attachments

Loodle

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I have been back and forth with the dealer about what is on their site. If you have what is optioned below go back to the configurator. It clearly says a cargo fence. Either the site is wrong or they failed to ship the TourX with it.

$1,725

Highlights Include:

Cornering lamps
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert

Wireless Charging

Memory settings
Cargo management system

I have that package and only got the retractable shade and the rail in the floor with the movable tie downs.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I have that package and only got the retractable shade and the rail in the floor with the movable tie downs.
I believe the tie downs and rails are considered to be part of the cargo management system. Cars without that package don’t have the rails.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX

$1,725

Highlights Include:

Cornering lamps
Rear Park Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert

Wireless Charging

Memory settings
Cargo management system
Beginning to wonder if Buick dropped the ball here.
Cadillac's have it listed the same way, see link for an example showing the hardware...
Google Image Result for https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20121121_024407_2013-Cadillac-SRX-cargo-fence-bud.jpg?w=432
May be time to call flood Buick customer service for clarification.
Remember to take appropriate screenshots to reinforce the argument in case they pull it down from the description.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Beginning to wonder if Buick dropped the ball here.
Cadillac's have it listed the same way, see link for an example showing the hardware...
Google Image Result for https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20121121_024407_2013-Cadillac-SRX-cargo-fence-bud.jpg?w=432
May be time to call flood Buick customer service for clarification.
Remember to take appropriate screenshots to reinforce the argument in case they pull it down from the description.
It doesn’t say ‘cargo fence’ in the Buick description. Cargo management system = rails with sliding tie downs.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Looks like fence to me
View attachment 136089
Touché.

I think this is a marketing vs reality issue, though. Buick’s terminology team will just deem the hold downs a fence. ;-)

Wasn’t every car sold with a ‘retractable cargo cover?’

I’ve also never seen any accessory that was deemed ‘under floor storage,’ unless they mean you can cram things around the subwoofer?

Buick will really want to keep the car in the US market if a bunch of forum dorks flood a support line wanting a $100 cargo fence.

#cargofencegate2019

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.