• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cargo management

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So I had been wanting to get something to use the rails in the back of the TourX to keep things from sliding around. That cargo hold is so big it is damn near impossible for things to stay in place. I was going to get the cross bar set up made for the car but I really wanted something I could easily stow away. In one thread I thought someone mentioned that some MB cargo fences work to. So when I opened up my search I found the MB A 211899026 which is a small retractable barrier. I was able to find one on ebay for like $35 shipped so I figured it was cheap enough to try it out. It comes in a little pouch you can stow away and will hold rigid things in place but I think the fence would be much better for things like groceries that tend to have loose contents in the bags. I do wish it was a few inches taller but i may modify this later. The base does fit in our rail but it is not as tight as the existing tie downs. I may also look into modifying those to make it more secure. Either way I figured I would post it in case anyone else was thinking of trying it out.

Attachments

Loodle

Buick Ownership
Tourx
So I had been wanting to get something to use the rails in the back of the TourX to keep things from sliding around. That cargo hold is so big it is damn near impossible for things to stay in place. I was going to get the cross bar set up made for the car but I really wanted something I could easily stow away. In one thread I thought someone mentioned that some MB cargo fences work to. So when I opened up my search I found the MB A 211899026 which is a small retractable barrier. I was able to find one on ebay for like $35 shipped so I figured it was cheap enough to try it out. It comes in a little pouch you can stow away and will hold rigid things in place but I think the fence would be much better for things like groceries that tend to have loose contents in the bags. I do wish it was a few inches taller but i may modify this later. The base does fit in our rail but it is not as tight as the existing tie downs. I may also look into modifying those to make it more secure. Either way I figured I would post it in case anyone else was thinking of trying it out.
I bought one of these as well, but the way it locks into the rail is weird and frustrating. Sometimes it locks in tight and sometimes it is a little loose. It still works, I leave mine both on the same side and use it if I have a bag of groceries or something to secure.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Attachments

Toppa

MN
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I bought the rigid fence (GM #22745545) new from eBay for $66. I made sure to order one that included feet. Got it just this week - it works well and helps keep smaller loads from spilling all over the back.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
What does everyone think about putting this on top? Would it make it look more off “roady” or aggressive? Or a big no?
I have one too but it is loud! Cross bars were OK but over 35 with the basket and you had to increase the radio volume. Looked cool but too noisy for everyday driving for me.

Pedal Commander