• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cargo Net trunk latch cover

Manolife

Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne
I just became the owner of a 2008 Lucerne CXL, I found 3 inches of water in the spare tire well. I think I found the leak, but I’m not sure I have the correct knobs and mounting hardware. Can someone send a photo of the cargo net installed please? I find a bolt on the floor to attach a cargo net knob, a 2nd is the top bolt of the tail light which protrudes beyond the latch cover. I see a 3rd location where there is a hole in the latch cover below the tail light bolt and the metal behind the cover has a keyhole shape but no means of attaching a knob. It seems the latch cover should have a fastener at this location. What am I missing? Thanks

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Unless you have a sunroof, the most common leak is in the bumper area that will fill up the spare, TSB on it. Here's some info on that:
2007 Buick Lucerne, trunk leaks. Seal looks like new

On the cargo net hold downs, 2 are on the trunk floor. 2 are on each side by the taillights 1 up at the top and 1 down near the bottom. They do become loose if removed to many times as they are a push on. You may try some RTV silicone and leave it set up for a day, but if need to get to the spare or lights it can't be a permanent fix.
0508234H15-012.png

Manolife

Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne
Thank you. Yes that is the water problem. I found it but have not repaired yet. From your diagram I’m missing part #13 and a couple of #12. Can you provide the GM part numbers? The diagrams I found do not have either shown

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

Manolife

Buick Ownership
2008 Lucerne
Here's the page on part numbers, but it may be a used / eBay part as some Lucerne parts are getting difficult to find, check the GM parts site but at least you won't be surprised if not there.

https://buick.catalogs-parts.com/#{client:1;page:part;lang:ru;family:lucerne;model:49037-2008;group:0-0-1608642826;subgroup:0-1624020498-0-0}#2
Thank you for the link but it doesn’t work for me. I tried looking through the diagrams but couldn’t find it. Can you provide the category or part numbers?