• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cargo tray woes

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Maybe not as asthetically applealing as the US version but much more functional and practical being a 2" receiver...and it will never drag the pavement. As I posted somewhere else I saw a guy from Michigan with one of these on his. Maybe he works for GM and it was easy to source or possibly there is a US source for it, or maybe one can get it from Australia and ship it here along with the relocation bracket...

South Australia
Buick Ownership
Holden Calais V - Tourer
Maybe not as asthetically applealing as the US version but much more functional and practical being a 2" receiver...and it will never drag the pavement. As I posted somewhere else I saw a guy from Michigan with one of these on his. Maybe he works for GM and it was easy to source or possibly there is a US source for it, or maybe one can get it from Australia and ship it here along with the relocation bracket...
Hi Mate, i found this drawing which may be of use to you also. The location enables you in the unfortunate event you require a tow, you can put in a 2" reciever tow hook, rather than having to deal with the factory bumper tow hook.. As far as looks go i find it quite a clean look that you get used to after a while. I ordered another factory grey lower bumper panel which came with no holes. This was great as i used the original panel as a template to put in the sensor hole. The rest is blank which meant i could also mount the trailer light connection with no cables hanging underneath. I will take a photo of this over the weekend for you. Cheers!

Attachments

South Australia
Buick Ownership
Holden Calais V - Tourer
ok here is a coupe more pics. Someone else asked about the extra storage space to the left. Yes, you could use this as more storage but its where the battery lives.

Attachments

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I wonder why they didn't use that side storage panel on all vehicles. I would have liked to have a cubby with a door. There isn't much space under the floor to store things, so this would have been a nice spot to keep stuff handy but not sliding all over.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
ok here is a coupe more pics. Someone else asked about the extra storage space to the left. Yes, you could use this as more storage but its where the battery lives.
Interesting... is the battery in the back because it is the V6? Are GS batteries in the back? Are the Holden 2.0T batteries in the back?

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
Interesting... is the battery in the back because it is the V6? Are GS batteries in the back? Are the Holden 2.0T batteries in the back?
GS batteries are in the back. TourX and Sportbacks with the 2.0T have a cubby hole cut out there and the battery is in the engine bay.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
GS batteries are in the back. TourX and Sportbacks with the 2.0T have a cubby hole cut out there and the battery is in the engine bay.
yeah, I know about the cubby hole, that's why I was trying to figure out why the aussie had his battery in the back. the only explanation I could come up with is because he has the V6 and that maybe there wasn't room in the engine bay for a battery with the bigger engine... so then I wondered if that was true about the GS too. It was all one long stream of consciousness.

Turbo Buick Badge