Cascada Being Discontinued

Fredric 973

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Too bad that the car won't be produced for much longer. I've really enjoyed my 2016 and was thinking of getting another in 2019 especially since I spent over $800. for 4 snow/ice tires.. Now I'm on the fence.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Think trade in value on a car that's no longer being made, was manufacturered in Poland for replacement parts and was just a re-bage for GM. As I mentioned in another post, think SAAB 9-3 convertible and you can see what the ROI will be when the 2019 is being traded in.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Very sad that the French are taking over GM's entire Euro operations. Epic failure of what was once a leading US corporation. Hard to fathom how incompetent Detroit's finest were.

We own a Saturn Astra, essentially a 10-year old Buick Cascada with a hardtop. We picked it up at nearly 50% discount new when Saturn failed. We knew values would crash but since we keep cars a long time that did not matter.

The Astra was sold only one year in the US and very few were sold. Getting new parts and parts off junkyards has been easy and cheap for a DIYer. Getting factory computer updates is "challenging" as there are no Saturn dealers and these really follow a Euro protocol.

The Astra sold in large volumes in Europe so that is always a UK or German shop for parts in a pinch.

The Astra engineers were not GM's finest so the car has not been very reliable. Our Astra is largely sorted now (new transmission, new AC, new radiator and tons of maintenance before 50k miles lol). On the upside, it is a fun car.

Fredric 973

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
For those of you who drive Cascadas in snow/ice conditions think Kumho Wintercraft tires. Unbelievably smooth,quiet ride and priced way below the other choices out there.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.