Caster angle adjustment

kt66

Buick Ownership
2000 Buick Lesabre
I drive a 2000 Buick Lesabre and I am trying to find out how to adjust the caster angle of the front alignment. Seems to be some kind of secret.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
I drive a 2000 Buick Lesabre and I am trying to find out how to adjust the caster angle of the front alignment. Seems to be some kind of secret.
Caster is adjusted by fishy means because its not supposed to be adjusted. if you need caster adjustment, your car has boinked shit on it.

What IS your caster angle because factory uses an aggressive caster because of how it makes the car handle/feel
Your car has a craddle that mounts a control arm to itself then itself as a subframe to the unibody. if the 6 mounts on the subframe are worn, there will be movement(and not consistent or unchanging) that can change your caster since the struts mount to the unibody and the knuckle, which is attached to the control arm. the control arm hasa small amoujnt of looseness on the front bushing by design, a Tiny bit in/out(toe not caster then) and the rear one stays firm to keep steering sharp and keep things as intended and moving togther, that is inline with the wheel
The only way to safely, from factory, change caster is to use a file and Ream the holes on the strut mount on top the tower to allow you to slot it fore or aft. BUT. THIS is extreme and it is likely not going to help. if your car cant be corrected atm, it means worn parts. your going to piss in the wind to change sloppy part alignment.

Camber is adjusted from factory by reaming the lower strut knuckle hole but its pretty particular about using that too.

THey do make magna cam bolts and cam bolts for that purpose. but you cant be helped.

The rear caster is adjusted by using a full contact caster shim on the wheel hub.

Rear caster being needed is not common but if it is, your rear subframe probably has worn control arm bushings or mount bushings.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners