Cat back exhaust suggestions

Tracy
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Have a 2012 gs looking in cat back exhaust
I’ve always been a lil biased towards magnaflow for 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder cars. What are your guys thoughts? Does anybody have this set up?

Also would it be better to do headers and down pipe first or cat back?

Thank you

Attachments

Tracy
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
From all the threads I read here, 0 power gain, all noise related. If that's your goal, go for it. DI engine noise has not been some of my favorite, so biased against changing.
So what do you suggest as far as exhaust systems?

dbruce

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
So what do you suggest as far as exhaust systems?
For me it was stay with stock. One of the biggest features of the car was the quiet interior. If your taste is a lot of muffler noise, delete is an option. Intake can also make noise.....though really no power gain without a tune.

dman77

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I did both, modded the stock exhaust and then got the Magnaflow cat back.
I did however replace the stock down pipe with the ZZP catted first then the noncatted version recently. (stock header)
The downpipe definitely made a difference, the exhaust mod didn't (other than sound) the cat back Magnaflow did both power & sound but not much power.
Top end power is the most noticable. Looks GREAT & sounds Great too...
(My Regal is also tuned)

Attachments

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
zzp downpipe and catback. But if you want more power you'll have to get one of the zzp re-programmed ecm's to make things work properly.

A cold air intake with the exhaust mods and re-programmed ecm would be the best bang for the buck.

You can do the catback first. Then as your budget allows you can do the other things one at a time.

GS’sGS

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
[

Have a 2012 gs looking in cat back exhaust
I’ve always been a lil biased towards magnaflow for 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder cars. What are your guys thoughts? Does anybody have this set up?

Also would it be better to do headers and down pipe first or cat back?

Thank you
QUOTE="dman77, post: 272135, member: 43016"]I did both, modded the stock exhaust and then got the Magnaflow cat back.
I did however replace the stock down pipe with the ZZP catted first then the noncatted version recently. (stock header)
The downpipe definitely made a difference, the exhaust mod didn't (other than sound) the cat back Magnaflow did both power & sound but not much power.
Top end power is the most noticable. Looks GREAT & sounds Great too...
(My Regal is also tuned)[/QUOTE]

Not sure what year your Regal is,(dmann77) or if it's GS. After talking to a couple of Magna Flow Tech Advisors,they patched me through to someone who seemed to be really on top of it. I was wanting to, and was ready to pull the trigger on their system. I have a '12 GS, and they don't make a system specifically for the '12 GS. I was going to purchase the system for a regular Regal, and he HIGHLY discouraged it. Said don't do it. He wanted to sell me their product, but said their system is NOT for a GS. Foreseeable problems down the road. Haven't had the GS long, and new to this forum. Just researching and trying to figure out which way to go.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.