• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cell Phone Mounting

michaelwy

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a Galaxy Note 3 and use it for navigation amongst other things. Has anyone found a good place to mount your phone other than the windshield? I was thinking about getting a cup holder mount. I have placed the phone sideways in front of the screen which works fine but wanted see what others are using for the Encore.

Thanks

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I run Waze along with internet radio and sometimes Trapster on long trips in the Encore. With the Android charging it can overheat after a few hours of this use. So I ran a piece of coated electrical wire through the center upper vent to hang a Wilson cell phone booster which also holds the phone near the vent keeping it from getting too hot. Its crude but the results work.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I bought a new GripGo at Walmart for $ 11. Was going to use it for my Garmin, but it works with phones and radar detectors, too. It mounts on the dash or windshield.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I bought a GripGo at Walmart, too. It is too cold to mess with it now. They were selling them on TV for $ 19.99 plus shipping, so if it works it is a good buy. It will be good for my Garmin and/or radar detector. I don't exceed the speed limit, but like to know when microwaves are shooting at me. Sometimes it is a deputy I know, so I stop and bs a while.