• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Chat with Buick.com

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I inquired last night as to whether or not it was going to be possible to buy a 2020 GS in the US. The answer was yes and 2021 as well. As my interest is purely GS I did not ask about TourX. One of my neighbors just bought a black TourX. Looks great in his driveway!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I would not believe those sales rep on the chat.
Last time I asked them something about my car just to check their knowledge. Turns out I know more than they do just by finding answers on their website. :rolleyes:

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Website The Truth About Cars reports that a Buick official has confirmed that 2020 is the last year for the Regal in North America.

"Confirmed by a brand spokesman, the 2020 model year will be the midsize Regal’s last in the North American market."

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Add in a ton of wait time on replacement parts on vehicles that already are having difficulty in support, a large number of parts produced overseas, toss in depreciation on trade in value on a car nobody was buying when new in a market that is shrinking, yes sir the dealership will love you. Better hurry before they are all gone LMAO.

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Add in a ton of wait time on replacement parts on vehicles that already are having difficulty in support, a large number of parts produced overseas, toss in depreciation on trade in value on a car nobody was buying when new in a market that is shrinking, yes sir the dealership will love you. Better hurry before they are all gone LMAO.
I see some of the difficulties around here and it doesn’t quite make sense to me. Now, I don’t expect parts to be as plentiful for this car as for say, a Silverado, but it shoul t be months. This car is still in production in Europe and parts should be plentiful over there. A boat ride across the Atlantic is what, 6 weeks by the time it’s gone to port, sails, gets to port, and is sorted and on its way? So I can get a 1-2 month lead time for a part that is scarce in the US, but the 3+ month wait time I’ve seen is really surprising.

I do not dispute the issues some members have had (and I’d certainly be irritated if it was me) and in no way am trying to be disrespectful or not believing of all of you. I believe it but am just surprised, that is all.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
The parts issue is more a GM management, red tape issue vs a supply logistics issue. I have no doubt there are parts, or parts can be made. Its just GM is inept at getting them in a timely manner and no one cares enough to get it done

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I started this thread after contacting Buick. I had hoped to drive my ‘13 GS for one more year and then buy a new one. While I’m not surprised by the Regals demise in the US I’m certainly disappointed with GM. They have produced some excellent cars since the bankruptcy but they are totally inept at marketing. There are plenty of buyers for Regals, Cascada, Lacrosse etc but GM could not point out to the market why they should purchase these vehicles and make it easy for them to do so. Add this to the SUV obsession and the good cars get squeezed out.
I hope that I’m around to see the day that cars are once again in vogue and the 22 million dollar babe has to scramble to get something to market.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Main diff
I started this thread after contacting Buick. I had hoped to drive my ‘13 GS for one more year and then buy a new one. While I’m not surprised by the Regals demise in the US I’m certainly disappointed with GM. They have produced some excellent cars since the bankruptcy but they are totally inept at marketing. There are plenty of buyers for Regals, Cascada, Lacrosse etc but GM could not point out to the market why they should purchase these vehicles and make it easy for them to do so. Add this to the SUV obsession and the good cars get squeezed out.
I hope that I’m around to see the day that cars are once again in vogue and the 22 million dollar babe has to scramble to get something to market.
It really looks like the people making decisions to terminate the product and the people making decisions to update the product are working in different departments.
Look no further than the Volt and the Cruze.
Both got minor updates on 2019 but is getting discontinued right away.
In addition, from the looks of the China Regal, the updated 2021 design has taken place years ago. (There is no way that the EU version with the identical look would be a coincidence)
In other words, the 2021 would have originally been planned for the North American market as well.

landsharkmz3

Main diff

It really looks like the people making decisions to terminate the product and the people making decisions to update the product are working in different departments.
Look no further than the Volt and the Cruze.
Both got minor updates on 2019 but is getting discontinued right away.
In addition, from the looks of the China Regal, the updated 2021 design has taken place years ago. (There is no way that the EU version with the identical look would be a coincidence)
In other words, the 2021 would have originally been planned for the North American market as well.
Typically, engineering is told to "go! go! go!" right up until management announces it is dead and all funding is pulled. Then, minimal amount of funding is given to limp the progress out into the market if it is easy and far enough along.

Pedal Commander