• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Child Car Seats

JenkkiMike

Has anybody had any luck running three car seats across the rear bench of the Tour X? I have a Tour X and currently have two young kids in car seats. The space in the middle between them is really tight and I seriously doubt a third seat could fit in there unless it was a really narrow booster or something similar. My wife and I are hoping to have a third kid and if that happens, there will be at least a couple years where all three are in car seats and then a few more when I'll need some combination of car seats and boosters. A minivan is looking inevitable which is fine, but neither of us want to give up our current cars either (2018 Tour X and 2008 Cayenne S) so it looks like we'll have three vehicles.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
Bust out the measuring tape and see what room you are working with. I like the Britax Boulevard seat for my kids, but I only have 2 so I'm not sure if I could squeeze a 3rd in the middle seat or not. However if you don't mind buying new stuff, you should have plenty of room if you run the Diono 3RXT for the 2 kids and then just using a slimmer carrier for the new one.

Another tip to save space is if you use the seat belt to lock in place instead of the latch system, but you might need to add a seat pad to level out the rear seat a little.

If you measure and commit to keeping a car, you can make anything work. My daily is a 2012 Camaro SS, and I take both boys to daycare 3 days/week and get them in the back of that car no problem

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
When it's time to add the third baby seat...

Take the seat and move it to the left 1 space, flip it twice and Tetris it upside down into the middle spot. It will fit!!

Screenshot_20210430-103819.png

But seriously, 3 seats will be tight...if even possible.?.

I don't know if there is anything like this in the US (and is legal), but this may satisfy your needs and cost a hell of a lot cheaper than a minivan.

Heck, the bottom seat says it will fit a Fiat 500!

Screenshot_20210430-104512.png

JenkkiMike

I managed to wedge a high back booster between two car seats. I didn't actually strap it in but it will probably work in a pinch.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 16

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Diono Radian 3RXT. Supposed to do three across in cars smaller than the TourX. I have two.

remmy

Hampton, VA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Im rocking a car seat and a booster seat, theres is about 12-14" between the two. Perhaps you could get the OEM roof rack and strap one of your rug rats on that. ;)

JenkkiMike

Im rocking a car seat and a booster seat, theres is about 12-14" between the two. Perhaps you could get the OEM roof rack and strap one of your rug rats on that. ;)

I currently have a forward facing car seat and a rear facing car seat. If you look earlier in the thread I posted a picture where I managed to jam a full back booster seat in between the two. If both car seats were forward facing I don't think it would fit. I'll have to measure for those Diono seats and see if that could work. I would just get a minivan but car prices are insane right now. My wife refuses to consider a cheap Grand Caravan and I refuse to spend huge money on a minivan so I think I'll just jam three car seats in her current car and let her deal with it when the time comes.

It's a shame that we can't get a rear facing bench in the Tour X like in the Buick Roadmaster.

Attachments

• bKIG2yv.jpg
    bKIG2yv.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 2

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
I'll have to measure for those Diono seats and see if that could work.
They are definitely your best bet for a slim seat, but I don't believe they are recommended for rear facing, which is why I was saying to also try to find a slim infant carrier. Hopefully you can find a good combination that will fit

JenkkiMike

They are definitely your best bet for a slim seat, but I don't believe they are recommended for rear facing, which is why I was saying to also try to find a slim infant carrier. Hopefully you can find a good combination that will fit

My younger kid will switch over to forward facing pretty soon. If we have a third we'll only have one rear facing. I think I can squeeze one of my current seats with two forward facing Dionos or a Diono and a booster.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Huh? They are 1000% recommended for rear facing. They are good for infant through like 65lbs, which can include up to 4 years of rear facing depending on size of child.

We used the infant carrier until our daughter was too long for it, then switched to rear-facing Diono 3RXT which she will use until she is out of seats altogether.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Huh? They are 1000% recommended for rear facing. They are good for infant through like 65lbs, which can include up to 4 years of rear facing depending on size of child.

We used the infant carrier until our daughter was too long for it, then switched to rear-facing Diono 3RXT which she will use until she is out of seats altogether.
My apologies, I must be remembering wrong when I was researching seats for my kids. I was looking for slim seats for my Camaro and thought that I read that somewhere it was a front-facing only.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
My apologies, I must be remembering wrong when I was researching seats for my kids. I was looking for slim seats for my Camaro and thought that I read that somewhere it was a front-facing only.
I don't fault you. They seem to change up seat types / model names very frequently. I'm surprised I even remember that from those times.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!