Chrome glare- can't be the only one with this issue

RegalRaleigh

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The chrome trim around the shifter reflects sunlight into my eyes. Anyone find a solution? If I could find the "tape" manufacturers place on cell phones and other electronic appliances to protect them, only with a slight gray tint, I'd give that a try. For now, I have to plop a hat over the shifter on sunny days but I'd like to find a more permanent solutiojn. Other wise, I love my 2017 GS. I also owned a 2013 Regal, same problem.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Had a 2015 and now a 2017 and never noticed this issue.
Sunvisors dont help?
Can you raise or lower your seat or change the seatback angle?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
You can find one on eBay that’s got a carbon fiber look to it, or, since it would require removal anyway, take it out and scuff it with some scotchbrite to soften the gloss. I’ve encountered the glare issue only a couple of times, but you’re right; it can be annoying.

afireinside7710

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS AWD
I had the same issue, so I wrapped mine with a $5 3M Satin silver wrap.

87LC2

Buick Newbie
Bensalem, PA
Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
My wife has been complainging about this. At some point I'll pop it out and paint it black, have seen a few others on here do that and it look decent while cutting out the glare completely. There's been threads on this, here's one wirth pictures of what other guys have done - gear shifter trim (aftermarket)

djbos728

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 2014 Buick Regal Turbo
I took mine off and sprayed it with Plastidip. Check out the thread someone else posted for instructions.

BMG905

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
You can find one on eBay that’s got a carbon fiber look to it, or, since it would require removal anyway, take it out and scuff it with some scotchbrite to soften the gloss. I’ve encountered the glare issue only a couple of times, but you’re right; it can be annoying.
Do you have the listing link on eBay for the trim piece?