• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Chrome glare- can't be the only one with this issue

RegalRaleigh

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The chrome trim around the shifter reflects sunlight into my eyes. Anyone find a solution? If I could find the "tape" manufacturers place on cell phones and other electronic appliances to protect them, only with a slight gray tint, I'd give that a try. For now, I have to plop a hat over the shifter on sunny days but I'd like to find a more permanent solutiojn. Other wise, I love my 2017 GS. I also owned a 2013 Regal, same problem.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Had a 2015 and now a 2017 and never noticed this issue.
Sunvisors dont help?
Can you raise or lower your seat or change the seatback angle?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
You can find one on eBay that’s got a carbon fiber look to it, or, since it would require removal anyway, take it out and scuff it with some scotchbrite to soften the gloss. I’ve encountered the glare issue only a couple of times, but you’re right; it can be annoying.

afireinside7710

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS AWD
I had the same issue, so I wrapped mine with a $5 3M Satin silver wrap.

87LC2

Buick Newbie
Bensalem, PA
Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
My wife has been complainging about this. At some point I'll pop it out and paint it black, have seen a few others on here do that and it look decent while cutting out the glare completely. There's been threads on this, here's one wirth pictures of what other guys have done - gear shifter trim (aftermarket)

djbos728

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 2014 Buick Regal Turbo
I took mine off and sprayed it with Plastidip. Check out the thread someone else posted for instructions.

BMG905

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
You can find one on eBay that’s got a carbon fiber look to it, or, since it would require removal anyway, take it out and scuff it with some scotchbrite to soften the gloss. I’ve encountered the glare issue only a couple of times, but you’re right; it can be annoying.
Do you have the listing link on eBay for the trim piece?

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
Have you tried this product? Did it fit? Can you upload a picture of it in your interior?
I haven’t changed a thing on mine, but I’ve seen photos of what they look like installed. I just wanted to give you the info you were seeking.

Jon17GS

NJ
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS
I agree. I use my GS on the weekend only. Maybe it's very apparent to me since I use the car on sunny days and it's typically when the sun is overhead. It was mentioned in a couple YouTube reviews when I was researching. I wish they did a nickel type finish instead. IMO the look would have been better. I don't really like the chrome and the intermittent sharp glare stinks. Love this car though! Minor issue.

BMG905

Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD
I had the same issue, so I wrapped mine with a $5 3M Satin silver wrap.
How did you remove the cover?

Any pictures or the cover when it was removed?

Looking to avoid breaking off any tabs or clips in the process of removing/replacing the piece.

Thanks for your help.

MnBuick17

Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
The chrome trim around the shifter reflects sunlight into my eyes. Anyone find a solution? If I could find the "tape" manufacturers place on cell phones and other electronic appliances to protect them, only with a slight gray tint, I'd give that a try. For now, I have to plop a hat over the shifter on sunny days but I'd like to find a more permanent solutiojn. Other wise, I love my 2017 GS. I also owned a 2013 Regal, same problem.
Yes we have a new 2019 Encore and there's a lot of shiny chrome around the vents that reflect into the windows and I keep thinking there is a person approaching my car in the outside mirrors. A reviewer on line for new vehicles said that some GMs are cheap looking when they could be using chrome. As one who has chrome, I know why some vehicles aren't using them now. Even high end foreign brands are NOT using chrome. Too reflective. Chrome is nice but keep it outside more than inside.

djbos728

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 2014 Buick Regal Turbo
How did you remove the cover?

Any pictures or the cover when it was removed?

Looking to avoid breaking off any tabs or clips in the process of removing/replacing the piece.

Thanks for your help.
Look at the link in Post #5.

MnBuick17

Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I was only noticing the vent chrome reflection but now yesterday I noticed the buick logo on steering wheel has chrome around it and it is super annoying. I get that chrome is awesome but not on the inside where it's bound to happen more. :(

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
I was only noticing the vent chrome reflection but now yesterday I noticed the buick logo on steering wheel has chrome around it and it is super annoying. I get that chrome is awesome but not on the inside where it's bound to happen more. :(
Good that those areas aren't a problem on the Regals.

Pedal Commander