Cleaned up the GS

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
I have to admit, last year I was bad about keeping the wife's GS clean. I think I only washed it 2 maybe 3 times all summer and I never put a coat of polish on it.........This year I saw an advertisement for Hydrosilex (nano tech. spray on ceramic coating) and thought, what the heck I'll try it on the GS. I've been a Zaino user since 1997, so it's hard to get me to change anything. When it came in, I washed, clayed (boy did it need it) and washed the GS. After that I applied the Hydrosilex. I was quite shocked at how easy it was and the shine it gave. This stuff does layer, I've now got 4 layers on. Here's what it looks like.

I spray it on and wipe it off, like a detail spray. This is the shiniest the rims have ever been. I also put it on the inside of the rims when I put them on for the summer. They have never stayed so clean, the brake dust just rolls right off. I've always used polish on the windows also, but after a few rains, the wipers wear the polish off. Not this stuff, it stays on the windows. Just thought I'd share. Oh, the best part about this, 15 -20 minutes and you're done. The car stays cleaner longer, it's just amazing.

JONNYESS

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Yeah I saw this product while I was scoping out alternative detailing options. Reviews are so-so, biggest gripes being the exorbitant pricing and that the finish doesn't last.

Periodically let us know how your results fare over time!

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick
Can't take away my Zaino but nice job.
I used Zaino for a long time. It's a great product. But there have been awesome advances in this industry since Zaino came out. I would swear by a coat of Z5 and Z2, but they wore a metric ton of work to apply and remove. New products are easy on easy off, with ergonomic applicators and microfibers. Step outside of Zaino and try what else is out there.

BPuff57

A Regular
Otsego, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
Look into local detailers who install ceramic clear coats. I'll let them communicate the benefits to you. I've had it on my past three vehicles. Won't go back to wax now.

CalBob

Buick Ownership
2016 GS
I have "9H", a ceramic coating on mine and I too will not be going back to wax.

BPuff57

A Regular
Otsego, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
I have "9H", a ceramic coating on mine and I too will not be going back to wax.
I'm not sure what the hardness rating is on CQuartz, but it sure as heck is good stuff. The key is in the prep work before you apply it - hence why I had my detailer do it after paint correction. It's crazy how it sheds water and dirt just doesn't seem to stick the same way as when it was just wax.

CalBob

Buick Ownership
2016 GS
I'm not sure what the hardness rating is on CQuartz, but it sure as heck is good stuff. The key is in the prep work before you apply it - hence why I had my detailer do it after paint correction. It's crazy how it sheds water and dirt just doesn't seem to stick the same way as when it was just wax.
"9H" is both the product name and it's hardness number.
yes, done with wax.
Takes longer to "gather" surface dirt.
With this coating I no longer have to wash car. You can use spray on and wipe off cleaners because it is too hard of a finish to leave swirls.
Used to wash car every week, ( California based) now every 3 weeks I just wipe it down.

BPuff57

A Regular
Otsego, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
Well, let's see some pics of these clean cars?
I've got a bunch of pictures in my build thread, some of which are right after Alex finished detailing the car.

I just picked up my 2014's replacement yesterday (2017 GS), and the paint finish is a mess. Somebody went nuts with a compound and buffing wheel. Fortunately, Alex is very capable of fixing most of it, so we'll have some great before/after pictures to share for the communities we're in.

To give a taste...

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.