Cleaning of rear window brake light tray

tdenis

Buick Newbie
Buick
Does anyone know how to go about cleaning the rear window brake light area? Mine has gotten a bug and some debris onto the tray area and the glass on the window (inside) looks dirty. Would like to clean if simple to do. Anyone?:eek:

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Verano
It should pull straight down. It feels like there is one press-in connector on each side (R and L.)

I did not remove mine, I got close and chickened out. Sorry tdenis, you'll have to be your own guinea pig!

tdenis

Buick Newbie
Buick
Hey Warmpabst, Yeah I chickened out too, ha ha, great minds think alike! Oh, well, If I get me nerve up, I'll let you guys know how I did!:blink:

tdenis

Buick Newbie
Buick
Hey Mike12Verano, I poured over the manual and found the change out bulbs section, but no mention of the window brake light... strange... maybe there's a secret pent up inside and it would be a Pandora's box!?! Ha ha, just driving down the road dodging rocks and drunks and the stupid has me shotgun shy...
:roadkill:

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Verano
I bet it has LEDs instead of bulbs. Those should last the life of the car (no replacements needed.)

And tdenis, I think you can a Swiffer or something similar in there even without removing it. It pulls down a good inch in the back.

Last edited:

Scooter M'Gee

Buick Verano
There are 4 metal push-in clips that secure the cover to the high mounted brake light. Just pull on it slowly and they will release. Reason I know is I was getting a bunch of red glow on the rear glass when on the brakes because the cover seemed to not be pressed firmly against the glass. I replace the foam strip around the cover with some thicker foam tape. Cured the problem.

Turbo Buick Badge