Click when press the brake

Ericmajewski86

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore GX
Hey all. I bought a 2021 Buick Encore GX. I noticed a click when I press the brake. Anyone know what this is? Should I have this looked at?

heymrdj

Buick Ownership
Encore GX
Hey all. I bought a 2021 Buick Encore GX. I noticed a click when I press the brake. Anyone know what this is? Should I have this looked at?
My 2020 clicks, my guess is it’s the electrical brake switch engaging that lets the computer know the brake pedal is activated and so it can activate your lights and monitor the sensor inputs for reactions specific to braking.

Dave_0788

Encore Enthusiast
North East Jersey
Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore Essence GX ST AWD w/ 1.3L
Mine clicks too. I also think its a "smart brake" thing lol

DP55412

Buick Ownership
2021 Buick Encore GX
I wonder if it is the brake/shift interlock? You have to press the brake pedal to shift. There’s a pin (I think, or something like that) that has to pull out so you can move the shifter. That movement might be the click sound? I’ve noticed that sometimes in other cars over the years.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

tl1957

Buick Ownership
Encore GX select awd
It's the brake pedal position sensor switch assembly- it turns on the brake lights , disengages the cruise , allows it to be started , put in drive etc.

Smbkrun3

Buick Ownership
Encore GX Preferred
2022 Encore GX had it for one week, just noticed it today. I gues misery loves company

killrwheels

South Florida
Buick Ownership
10 Lacrosse CXS, 08 CTS DI, 06 SRX, 05 Vette Z51
Brand new 2022 with 200 miles does it, very annoying. Figured it was a bad position sensor. Anyone have it fixed ???

If you brake and let off several times it stops for the next couple of brake taps. Then a click comes again.